The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lexus Wheels?

rob wild

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea about the buckling problems but to be honest i don't have any experience with these wheels.

Bobbeh, what offset are you running?

Just found this info from the Blitz website if its any use:

18x9 5x114.3 +22, +41 +32, +45 $760.00 (what I have on fronts)

18x10 5x114.3 +22, +45 $780.00 (what I have on rears)

• 2 months later...
How big is the problem with GS wheels buckle over pot holes? I am looking into wheels upgrade and I think the GS wheels is on the top of my list. The GS300 forum have a lot of post regarding the Wheels being very weak and with low profile tyres they buckle?

A lot of the second hand GS wheels are plaqued with this problem, they call the wheels squared?

China

Hmmm I've just found out at my expense how bad the buckling problem is, 1 large pot hole = damaged front rim and cracked rear !!!.

You guys should buy some cast iron wheels or something. Good quality, lightweight 18" wheels with 30/35 profile tyres are always going to be liable to getting damaged if you crash them through potholes or bang them up kerbs! Any impact that is hard enough to contact directly with the wheels is sure to damage any wheel, whether they're Lexus ones or whatever.

Wheels that cost over £1000 should be treated with some repect, you aren't driving a 4WD :rolleyes:

I agree, mine are fine after what must be getting on for a year of constant use in all conditions. The only problem I have found is the centre caps have become a bit corroded - they obviously didn't like the salt over the winter. I'm getting some replacement TTE ones to replace the Lexus badged ones though - I'll post something up about it when I get this sorted as I know there are a few people with these wheels now who must be getting as fed up as me of people saying "Are those Lexus wheels?",

You guys should buy some cast iron wheels or something. Good quality, lightweight 18" wheels with 30/35 profile tyres are always going to be liable to getting damaged if you crash them through potholes or bang them up kerbs! Any impact that is hard enough to contact directly with the wheels is sure to damage any wheel, whether they're Lexus ones or whatever.

Wheels that cost over £1000 should be treated with some repect, you aren't driving a 4WD :rolleyes:

Yeah good point mate, I really should stop driving my car up and down flights of stairs and round my local skate park :p !!.

Can I buy your old centre caps please Si? I need them for my cheapo secondhand set I slowly gett refurbished.

(When they're ready like. No rush)

Yeah, they're pretty corroded though, you'd have to get them refurbed. It might be easier to just order a new set. I just ordered some (hopefully TTE badged ones instead of Lexus) from Toyota - they were £65 for a set of 4. I'll see what turns up and post up the part number once I know it's the right one.

SimonB if you could PM me the part number for those caps that would be good, as mine have gone the same way with the corrosion, can't be anything that I have done as they are starting to corrode from the centre of the cap, weird.

As for clearance over Brembos, my Brembos fit easily under the front Lexus rims. No concerns at all.

Yeah, they're pretty corroded though, you'd have to get them refurbed. It might be easier to just order a new set. I just ordered some (hopefully TTE badged ones instead of Lexus) from Toyota - they were £65 for a set of 4. I'll see what turns up and post up the part number once I know it's the right one.
I've got the part number for new Lexus centre caps ( AM275-17000, £67 for 4 ) but I'm having the wheels reconditioned and powder coated silver at solentwheels in the next couple of weeks. Your old ones would be perfect. (Assuming they'll come with the locking things, I need those as well)

Let me know please mate.

Guest Irish Supra

Any pics of the TTE centers?

Any pics of the TTE centers?

Here you go, from the TTE website:-

http://www.tte.de/tuning/website/images/accessories/Lexus-GS300-S16/lexus-gs430-s16-wheel-01.gif

I've ordered some today - they'll be a couple of weeks. The part number I have for them is PZ439-10670-2K. Probably worth waiting until mine turn up so I can make sure that's the right part number though.

Jake - I'm not sure if the new ones come with the locking bolt thingies, if not I'll need my old ones. I've got some spare keys for them though. You're welcome to have my old ones.

hi simon , just another question , would the caps be diamond cut like the rest of the alloy.

cheers peter

Well I guess so but I won't know until they arrive. TTE supply variants of these wheels for various different Toyotas and Lexus (Lexi?) and AFAIK most of them get the TTE caps, only the Lexus GS European market gets the Lexus caps. If you have a look on http://www.tte.de you'll see what I mean.

Jake - I'm not sure if the new ones come with the locking bolt thingies, if not I'll need my old ones. I've got some spare keys for them though. You're welcome to have my old ones.
That's very nice of you mate. I'd be happy to pay say £20 for them. Let me know when they're available please.

• 1 month later...
Did your new ones arrive yet Si?

I'm getting my Lexus rims refurbished soon and I'm gonna need some centre caps. :)

Not yet, I chased them up a week or so ago and 22nd May was the latest date they told me. The good news is I have loads of the locking bolt thingies, so you can definitely have a set of those!