Crap customer service - A long rant!

CJ

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Steve M

Originally posted by Green Peace

This is a BBS for Supra Owners, not for people who want to make a fast buck and retire early, buy a Villa in Spain, and spend the rest of their days reading the Sun and watching Sky Sports.

Sounds good to me!:D im off.:innocent:

Actually come to think of it you're right.....what on earth am I on about FFS....I'm off too.....

:D :p

Just found this and thought of this thread !!!!

AEM Cam Gear for 1993-98 Supra

ITEM AEM 23-614 x

We do not recommend these 3-bolt cam gears. We've had one MVP supra slip time with these installed and 2 more customers have found themselves stranded on the highway because of similar problems. If you still want them then you should know that the price is per cam gear. You need 2 (intake & exhaust) for the maximum amount of power. They are available in blue, red, or silver. To select your desired color please click on More Info.

MSRP $224.96 Your Price $163.00

Dude:flame Dev

I have read all the posts and I am a little concerned. I have just bought a Emanage and a Profec E01 and obviously want them installed and mapped

Who do the members recommend?

My take on the whole situation is as follows, if a tuner quotes you a price for carrying out a specific task. That should be the price you pay, any additional work should be be explained to you and a separate price quoted for that.

The end of the Day the Tuners are meant to be the experts. It should not be the case of learning on my car. If they want a Guinea Pig use their own motor.

If I paid for my car to be mapped and it was'nt done correctly. I would be pissed and I would expect the Tuner to sort the problem out at no extra cost. I also believe the Trader should be considerate to the customer who may be without a car now or has lost a days wages due to certain problems.

Regardless of what you buy and I think this is true for everyone on here, Trader or not. If you buy something and it is faulty, you take it back and exchange it or get a refund. Surely we all expect that and this is how it should be. Is'ent this the reason for the Custonmer having rights so they dont get exploited.

Just because a certain shop sells serves a 1000 happy customers per day does'nt mean we should forget or ignore the one unhappy customer. By doing this just allows the company to treat more people badly.

If we all stopped using a supplier because of thir crap service. Then you can bet the company would improve their service immediately or alternatively go out of business.

Anyway, WHO DO THE MEMBERS RECOMMEND?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have had the reply back from the court and it outlines the tuners defence. To say I am amazed would be an understatement. The have admitted £253.80 of the claim (the total bill came to £380.00) but are continuing to dispute their liability for the remainder.

Now, you may wonder why that comes as a surprise to me? Well, that part doesn't but the bullshit that they have come out with regarding the tuning and the way they have worked out the refund beggars belief. As an example, they are siting the fact that the car started to run badly half way through the session as a reason for witholding my money. They say it took them 1.5 hours (yeah right :innocent: ) to diagnose the fault and rectify it. Erm, it actually took them about 30 minutes and the fault was loose cam gears which they tightened!

They then go on to say that when I left (the first time) and found that the car was running badly, they had it straight back and attempted to rectify the problem and this was done free of charge. Well, frigging excuse me, but I never had the problem until they got their hands on the car so why the feck do they think they were doing me a favour by trying to rectify it free of charge? :mad:

They go on to say that they were happy to put back my base map but that I refused. Well, wouldn't you have refused and lost faith after going there twice (roughly 100 mile round trips) and finding the car running worse than when they started?

And finally they come out with two gems! They state, and I quote:

"We have since learnt that prior to coming to our company, the claimant had engine trouble and damage occur. This we feel, may well be the root cause of the problems we had tuning this vehicle".

WTF? So, my losing a plug and having to change my FPR meant they couldnt tune the e-manage? And what damage occured? Other than changing the said plug, there was feck all else wrong - until they got their hands on it.

One last rant - They even decided that the refund they offered me should be minus the 10% club discount they gave as a member of the BBS. What a class act eh?

So, if they think that using by bullshit, lies and deceit I will go away they are sadly mistaken. See you in court at Oxford boys!!!

Originally posted by tony2311

but wouldnt taking another day off for both parties to attend court be more expensive then the £110 owe?

Yes, and I am sure that is what a lot of companies hope for when they contest a claim. But, at the end of the day, I feel I am right and I am not prepared to cow down to bullshit even if it does cost me money to attend.

Phew! This thread has been busy.

...they had it straight back and attempted to rectify the problem and this was done free of charge. Well, frigging excuse me, but I never had the problem until they got their hands on the car so why the feck do they think they were doing me a favour by trying to rectify it free of charge? ......

Or from another perspective maybe all they are saying is they realised they were at fault and said they would correct it. The FOC bit is just hammering home the fact that you weren't going to get charged.

Isn't that being open and honest with you? I don't think is was meant to make you humble?

They go on to say that they were happy to put back my base map but that I refused. Well, wouldn't you have refused and lost faith after going there twice

Eh? most of us know that this is just a case of taking a file and downloading. 10s job. So even if you thought the work was crap it would have meant the car was back to normal rather than still driving around with the problem? Got to have been worth even taking the file to someone else to transfer it?

They even decided that the refund they offered me should be minus the 10% club discount they gave as a member of the BBS.

Again? I don't see the big deal?

Here is a simple maths example...

If the total before discount was X

and

X = A+B (call them two parts of a bill)

Then the discounted total would have been

X - (10% of X) = Y

or

X*90% = Y

Pretty basic.

This expands to

(A+B)*90% = Y

which is

A*90% + B*90% = Y

So any refund of say..... "A" would actually be

A*90% = A'

??????

So as you were charged 90% of the actual bill it seems correct to me that only 90% of any part refund be made as well?

Or you'd be making money?

I doubt you could buy a shirt in the New year sales only to come back in Feb to get a refund and expect the pre-sale price?

Without being the two parties involved we'll never really know the whole story.

Regards

Pete

Originally posted by THOR Racing

Here is a simple maths example...

If the total before discount was X

and

X = A+B (call them two parts of a bill)

Then the discounted total would have been

X - (10% of X) = Y

or

X*90% = Y

Pretty basic.

This expands to

(A+B)*90% = Y

which is

A*90% + B*90% = Y

So any refund of say..... "A" would actually be

A*90% = A'

??????

Mathematicians, I just love what they think is simple :)

Not dreaming of taking sides, and wouldn't dare to argue with the logic of the equations.

Its just that I've been staring at the screen for about 10 mins trying to work it out, ..............................................and now I've got a headache :D

so taking a round figure

x=1000 (a+B)

A=500 b=500

1000*-(90%) = 900

so that would mean CJ was billed for 900 where total would have shown 1000 but all that would have been paid was 900.

But would the invoice not show this ?

What CJ should have recieved would be 100% of the NET charge wouldn't he