The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crap customer service - A long rant!

CJ

Originally posted by Jake

I see.

To get your car back to running how it was can't you just reinstate the old map you had before you went there? Or doesn't it work like that?

Yes I can do that - but I am still £360 out of pocket :(

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by CJ

He found the slipping cam pulley during the first tuning session and rectified that problem.

Please tell why arent you slagging off the muppets who orignaly installed your cam gears poorly or are you selective in who you slag off

never know may get some cash back from them muppets as well

Be pretty pised off if it was my cam gear slipping, imagien the shit that could cause if they went write off while driving on a motorway

Well I doubt if there are many people who havent suffered bad service or bad workmanship in the past...so i dont think I'm the only one....my problems were minor compared to some....and when people are unhappy...the ones that (like myself) who come on the BBS and mention it either for Moral support, advice or whatever are the tip of the Iceburg, most are happy to bite the bullet and turn up the wireless....

I just cant stand people that make money out of others misfortune.....I hate REALLY greedy people.

Next car I get, I wont let any muppet touch it, and I wish I'd trusted my own judgement....sounds dodgy looks dodgy bit Pikey....run away he he.....that kind of thing....rather than well i spose everyone says they are good so I'll give them a chance NO.....

:D

Trust ya instincts !

Originally posted by Salty_Pepper

Please tell why arent you slagging off the muppets who orignaly installed your cam gears poorly or are you selective in who you slag off

Be pretty pised off if it was my cam gear slipping, imagien the shit that could cause if they went write off while driving on a motorway

Ever thought that that issue could have already been sorted out with the people/person in question amicably ? :rolleyes: :donkey:

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by Salty_Pepper

Well why dont you explain it genius ( I assume you meant right off, and imagine)

I think I should make my position clear and explain why I chose to post on the BBS

I didn't do it to try to put anyone out of business. I didn't do it to sully anyones reputation. I did it because I felt I had justifiable cause after receiving what was, in my opinion, a very poor level of customer service.

Before posting the thread I had attempted to get my money back via a dialogue but the other party were adament that I did not deserve a full refund. I felt that I was being treated with disdain as all I was a "complainer". I also felt that the tuners took unbridge over the fact that I had gotten an outside company to look at the maps despite the fact that the outside company only did this out of a willingness to help and advise.

As some of you may know, I run a fairly large printing company. like the tuning company in question, we make mistakes. All businesses do but we try to always to resolve the situation abd attempt to leave the customer happy at the end. This company has not adopted that attitude and seemed to go out of their way to leave me unhappy.

At the end of the day, all I want is fair play and if it means taking some shit for sticking up for myself then so be it.

Unfortunatly i think i can tell why,its unfortunatly turning into a big slaging match rather then you putting your point of view across CJ,and people exprssing theirs and i guess mods dont want eveyone viewing our dirty laundry in public!

sorry to hear bout this mate. I wont comment on this as not sure what to say to be honest i can see your side and partly the tuners. Good luck hope things turn out well:)

Originally posted by CJ

And it would seem that the mappers I used also expected the same results as you but it didnt happen. :(

Having thought about this some more I'm not convinced any more that the scaling thing is the "wrong" thing to use, I'm fairly sure it doesn't work as the PM you sent suggests. I think it might be more down to which method you prefer and how easy it is to see what changes you've made. A style thing if you like. So I'm not convinced that just because they used that feature the map would automatically be crap. I'll save it for the tech section though! :)

It's clearly going to need tweaking though whichever way you use and it is this which appears to have not been done satisfactorily. Plus of course it's bad to leave a customer pissed off regardless. From what I have read I would question the customer service side more than the technical side.

Anyway, hope you get it sorted CJ.

Thanks Mawby

I dont want this turning into a thread where people use it as a vehicle to have an open pop at others.

In fact, I have just been sitting here thinking that there can be no winners in this argument. If I get a judgement against the tuners, I will receive what I already feel is rightfully mine i.e. a full refund. If they win, then they are £110 better off but surely that is a hollow victory given the publicity.

Pride can be such a strong emotion eh? :(

Originally posted by CJ

At the end of the day, all I want is fair play and if it means taking some shit for sticking up for myself then so be it.

Shit sticks CJ....but not to you...ok Some Tuners and 'Friends of' try to persecute me over my rants when I was stitched up...there was NO resolution in my case so, I'm not going to forget it in a hurry...which is why I still rant on....

This is a BBS for Supra Owners, not for people who want to make a fast buck and retire early, buy a Villa in Spain, and spend the rest of their days reading the Sun and watching Sky Sports at our expense....

Just as there are some tuners that seem to constantly get away with poor work and charge a small fortune for the privilege there are also customers out there that don't appreciate what professional work costs, expect the world on a shoestring and are basically downright unreasonable. The door swings both ways.

I think you're justified in what you're doing CJ. You felt you've been unfairly treated and are stating the facts. I still don't know who's involved but I expect when you say who it is they'll be along to give their side of the story and then people can decide for themselves.

As for warning you not to publish their company name, well that's just asking for it !!

Originally posted by Terry S

Well why dont you explain it genius ( I assume you meant right off, and imagine)

Bless his little salty heart terry he doesnt actually understand which part we are actually talking about , life must be hard as an amoeba ;)

Dude:flame Dev

I am sure if you listed all respected Supra tuning houses you would find someone who had a bad experience but those one or two against the number of satisfied customers is why these said tuners are still in business.

Everyone at work has crap days and makes mistakes but its the process they go through to reconise its there problem and how they rectify it with the customer which makes them stand out from others.

:thumbs:

Originally posted by Nick

there are also customers out there that don't appreciate what professional work costs, expect the world on a shoestring and are basically downright unreasonable. The door swings both ways.

That is true....in a few cases I suppose, but then its the responsibility of the Tuner to advise of the pitfalls, I was happy to spend as much as it took, but the simple problems couldn't even be solved so was n't a good idea to continue throwing money away.

My advice......dont bother it aint worth wrecking an already fast car....if you want a faster car, Buy a faster car...it will def work out cheaper than letting some Pikey looking failed Mechanic to 'have a go' ...SERIOUSLY.

My 4P (Supra owner since 1997)

:)

Interesting thread. I'm not commenting on CJ's experience as I wasnt there and dont know the ins and outs.

We are dealing with modified cars here which we seem to forget sometimes. If your going to modify your car it will cause you nothing but money and tears, bit like women:D You do however get the good times which hopefully outweigh the bad, but you are entering the unknown and that costs.

Like I said I'm not commenting on CJ's but having spent the third world debt on tuning cars and bikes myself, I'm over the "so thats what the project will cost?" Development aint like that:)