hoff

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Chumpalot

I really need to sort the suspension out on mine too. Cars sits quite high at the moment.

Booking it the bodyshop to get all the little things wrong with it sorted, I've got quite a list to give to them :rlol: should look stunning when it comes out though.

Excellant. Post some pics when they are done. Im just putting some Bilstiens on I got off Rob at the weekend. Only done 30k or so, so should be an improvement on mine. I'll see how it sits on them and get some lowering springs if necessary.

One word of warning!

I think most of the comments about 19's being bad at handling is unproven opinion. Yes its a harder ride and yes they pull round the road a bit and on the motorway they do tramline if the road is worn out but its not mega bad.

19's also need the camber adjusting. I still need to do mine and its very noticable in the wet there is alot less grip and I can spin up the rears very easily.

add the £150 ish to the price for a full geometry check/setup and get it done to start with before you knacker the tyres.

I would like CW to have done mine as he is well recommended on here but he wont touch 19's - Ian (shytot) recommended TDI in warrington and I think thats where mine will be going.

edit :- just read your last post, if your putting blitz on and poss lowering all the more need for the GEOMETRY!

Guest Chumpalot

I'd agree with the points about the handling. I don't find it too bad at all and I went from 17 > 19" wheels. Tramlining isn't in issue as you should have good hold of the wheel anyway. I had mine aligned and the geometry done by Elite in Rainham :thumbs: no more steering wheel shake at high speeds :D

Nice, looking wheel Ad. Good choice :cool:

PS i have falkens on mine and im pretty impressed with them, and ive done a few trackdays on them :)

Cheers Trig. I always thought Falkens were ok. I hope to see some pics of your trial rear soon:)