The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you let other people drive your car?!?!?!

suprattgaz

Guest 248SPG

Bless me hey Razza!!! :D

I won't tell anyone you want me to drive your car.

I need to anyway so when I finally get rid of the oil burner I can make sure its something quicker :D :D

I'm feeling nervous already..........I think he loves the car more than his Mrs!!!!!!!!

I promise I'll go easy..........don't want to run out of talent with you in the passenger seat!!!!!

SPG

Guest 248SPG
If anyone ever dreams of driving my car, they better wake up and apologise.

One of the best responses think I have ever read. I will definately have to remember that one.

SPG

I have 4 people insured on mine!! My dad, wife, me and my best mate Ste...;)

Dad has never driven it. Wife once and Ste quite a lot..!!

WAs funny going to JAE as me and Ste shared the driving almost equally. All the convoy must have thought my car was LHD as I was waving out of the window..!!

I wouldn't trust many with it tbh!

H.

I've only let 1 person drive mine and that was my dad on the night I brought her back home from where i Purchased the car.

He basically hopped right in (I owed it to him as I drove his supercharged vette a couple of months before)

Did I mind him driving her? - Not really

Did I mind him taking her straight to 140-150 leptops the 1st bit of straight road he came to, with me as a passenger - YES!! That was frightening!! But was priceless when he said "F:taped:CK me this is a bit too quick for you isn't it?!" :D

Wouldn't let many other people drive my car, if any. As said before - it would be like someone 'borrowing you girlfriend" to me.

Does anyone else find that as a passenger you are sometimes trying to push your 'imaginary break pedal' ?

I wasn't too bothered previously and didn't mind my Dad, brother, girlfriend or best m8 driving it.

However, it is now somewhat modded including a TRD 2-way diff, BL transmission and 4,000 stall torque converter. Those items combined with 1.25bar boost are a bit of a deadly combination in the hands of the wrong driver as it means the power pretty much comes in in one massive sudden hit and the torque is delivered to the ground in a very aggressive fashion. This caught my girlfriend out spectacularly when coming off a roundabout and she gave too much throttle with still some steering angle - fish tailed up the road and nearly had a meeting with a railing then a head on. She hasn't wanted to drive it since.

TBH I'd rather she didn't drive it now as it's outwith her ability, my Dad tends to be cautious anyways as he knows these cars can be bite so that's OK. My brother I still don't mind driving it and he has been doing for some of my mapping activity but as he's normally a 4WD driver that brings concern over bad habits like too much throttle too early through and out of corners. My m8 got a Supra TT as well in the end so again don't mind him driving it as he at least knows half of what to expect.

Cheers,

Brian.

I forced my Mrs to drive it - its not safe, unless im too tired or over the limit :) At the end of the day the power is only there if you choose to put your foot down. She chooses not to.

A few mates have had a go.

1. Best man, put him on the insurance so he could pick it up from turbofit (no traction control). He learnt in a Subrau so wasnt worried.

2. Owns his own business insurance and tuned scooby (wasnt worried)

3. Always owned fast cars but was 3rd party only, was worried but he took it easy.

Sometimes its important to take a risk and share what you have :)

Guest Chumpalot

I've let 3 others drive my car:

- My old man (which I was a bit wary of at first, he didn't really push it that hard though so wasn't worried).

- A mate, we took it in turns to drive it back when I first bought the car.

- Girlfriend.

That's it really.

I have a let a few close friends drive it, it is actually quite cool watching your car being driven. It is also a totally different experience being a passenger :D

My old man looked after my car for 6 months when i was overseas, when i got back he was giving me his own spirited driving chronicles :eyebrows:

Bless me hey Razza!!! :D

I won't tell anyone you want me to drive your car.

I need to anyway so when I finally get rid of the oil burner I can make sure its something quicker :D :D

I'm feeling nervous already..........I think he loves the car more than his Mrs!!!!!!!!

I promise I'll go easy..........don't want to run out of talent with you in the passenger seat!!!!!

SPG

damn it, forgot you were on this forum, looks like I'll have to let you have a ride then:rolleyes: