Stainless steel dial sets

Bill Prawn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Tigger

At least you got the go a head for it :p

Only just - before I even got my Supra I was looking for a carbon fibre dash. When the dash coverings recently became available from Miami GT I was finally all set to get one, after 18 months of looking.

But I was told that carbon fibre (or farbon cibre as Maggie called it on one occasion...) looked naff so I was only allowed to get the brushed aluminium one.

After I'd put the order in on me lappie I turned to her and said 'Okay, I've ordered it', to which she replied 'Oh okay... I always thought it looked fine as it was anyway'.

So I wasn't allowed to get what I wanted, and when I went with something that she liked I still got the 'I dunno why you're bothering' angle. Hopeless.

Thanks for the interest and PMs so far...

Here are the colours you can choose from.

Sorry but it doesn't do it real justice.

The Electric Blue I used was number 10.

Dial Colour Swatch

Here are the colours and dial mock ups.

Colour 1

Colour 2

Colour 3

Colour 4

Colour 5

Colour 6

Colour 7

Colour 8

Colour 10

Colour 12

Colour 13

Colour 14

Take a look at the MkIII dials as welll.. this is a bespoke set but shows you can have anything you like on them.

MkIII Facia

MkIII Speedo and Rev

MkIII Gauges

The 20th can't come soon enough for me now. I found a set of instructions and I reset my blitz boost controller and all seemed to be Ok. It held to 1.0 bar of boost nicely and was behaving itself until I approached top revs in manu 2nd and suddenly it spiked up to nearly 2 bar and the back end started to snake about the place. Obviously with that much boost it hit the rev limiter before I could slot it forwards into third and a full accelerator back off was tantamount to suicide in the conditions. Suffice it to say I am not HP with the power delivery at the mo. Roll on the twentieth I say :D

I saw a couple of sets of these at Santa Pod and they are indeed very impressive. Some of the cheaper sets on the market are flimsy plastic things, Thors ones are very well made and with all the custom options on them (logos, colours, fonts) means you should be able to find a combination you like.

JB