Marco

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last vid isn't me - Think it's Ian.

Can I just add my thanks to Marco for sorting this. It was well worth the visit as I'd been worrying about my fuelling since fitting the RSR. Looks like I had justification too, as I'm running a bit lean at around 5300 rpm.

Scans of the printouts to come, but numbers for now are :

360.1 BHP/345.8 ft/lb @ 1.1 bar

Quite pleased :)

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

mcanny do you want your thor dyno numbers putting up on list too? or any others?

I'll pass for now, my numbers are over a year old now and things should have improved since then so I need to get back down there once I get my SAFC II on.

Yeah they were reading at the Hubs. It says flywheel at the top of the graph but thats as default from the software as a lot of places will stick there calculations (read guesses lol) in.

I asked Pete and he explained it, If you look at where it says 'tcf' (Transmission Correction Factor or something like that) it says 1.00 as in 1:1 no correction for flywheel figure, some places will put this to 1.20 for example for a 20% transmission loss to be factored in on the graph.

Thor don't do the guessing, its left upto you to do it if u want to have a flywheel estimate.

Steve.

Originally posted by dandan

I always look at the Thor figures and factor in just over 10% to get to a rough flywheel figure. Ties in quite well with what most stock cars have put down in the past on the hub dyno.

That's interesting. Are we talking about stock UK cars? I mean, nobody really knows the stock figure for a J-spec, do they?

Originally posted by Paul Laing

Jake - i think GeordieSteve did a rolling road on a stock Jap spec, but don't hold me to this ;)

It wasn't a hubs reading but worth knowing i guess....

Paul

Cheers.

It would've been good if somebody had a stock (is there such a thing?) UK spec dyno'd at Thor. We might have a better idea of the percentage transmission loss then.