Is my Supra a write off?

Andrew

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by suprastorm

do you want to sell it ?????????

What buy back from the insurance company type thing?

To be honest I'm now starting to hope they don't write it off.

Was immmaculate inside and out, UK rear lights conversion, Large Brakes, New HKS Hiper exhaust,Trial mid-pipe,CW down pipe, HKS dumpvalve,Blitz induction,Bilstein shocks, TRL fcd and speed de-limiter, 6speed, Electric folding mirrors,Active spoiler,Full leather, 56k miles etc........Many garages commenting on how good it's condition was, one even thought it was new.

Was just about to buy some alloys for it too.

Oh well :(

Here it is at the Hampshire meet about 6 months ago....The blue one not Mid's old banger :p

hampshire meet.jpg

Oh gets even better mate :)

Turns out he's an Actor, he acts in a certain AD for a certain Insurer would you believe.

Shortly after the accident I kept saying to myself, I know this bloke from somewhere. I'm think local pubs etc, racking my brains.

Then whilst on the phone to my insurance company, on comes the Ad :) I had total recall, old soak is wearing the same clothes in the Ad too.

According to my old man he was a bit actor on TV in the 60s 70s , and is now a luvey on the stage.

I have a link to this Ad, but obviously can't post it here, wouldn't want to get anyone into trouble.

So what you reckon? Shall I take em to the cleaners :D

Guest Sakura
Originally posted by Andrew

Oh gets even better mate :)

Turns out he's an Actor, he acts in a certain AD for a certain Insurer would you believe.

So what you reckon? Shall I take em to the cleaners :D

You should, definitely - after all, it was not just an ordinary accident if the guy was pissed. It will seriously harm their advertising campaign if/when it gets into the local or national press. ;)

Guest Sakura
Originally posted by mcanny

Are we talking "calm down dear" here or am I muddled?

I think he would have mentioned if the guy was dressed as a fairy!!!:p

Yep I can feel a set of new alloys coming on ;)

Nope not the Elephant or Michael Winner :)

All starts to ring true now, the guy constantly saying "It's a personal thing, you can't involve the police...... etc" , "Let me ring my insurance they can sort this for you."

The Ad he's in isn't for car insurance, but for selling equity from your house.

Wheels seem to be turning a lot quicker now.

They said due to the car being an import, they cannot give me a curtesy car until the parts arrive (company policy), and that could be months.

Got straight on the blower to my insurer, said the third party has admitted it, I want a car. My insurance rings his insurance, calls me back in 5 mins, get offered a Nissan Almera. Tell em I want something better, then get offered a Rover Z sport. Tell em think bigger, mine had Air con etc, finally get offered a Rover 75, I know it's an old mans car but hey my mum drives an Almera :)

Legal solicitor then phones me to talk compo, lost earns, back injuiry all that milarky :)

Get hold of the blokes in the repairs department, and check this, all this arsing about writting it off is over £4000 worth of work!!

Told them they best repair it as I want £12000 for it.

He then tells me that they couldn't find a price for an RZ 6speed, but were using the UK specs prices :blink:

"So you reckon a 94 UK spec 6 speed with 56k on the clock in almost mint condition is worth £4000 then?"

"Yeah that's what it says here."

I didn't swear just laughed :D

Andrew

Just caught up on the thread, am real pleased that things are happening and your getting somewhere with this mess.

But your last comment on a UK being £4k in the books is such a joke.

Get them onto the web, ive been looking for a mate ( some of you may remember Mid,life...and some may want to forget...:D ) anyway, looking for a UK car Auto or Man ...all we have come across are 75k + standard cars at around £12k. So stick by your guns mate.

Wish you all the best and hope you get mobile in a Supe again soon

Dave :flame Dev

They're obviously reading the Parker's Guide ;)

Just incase they do write my car off, I have been looking for a replacement.

Trouble is I can't find any for £4000 :D

Spoke to the engineer today, and they are running some chassis tests on mine. Should have the results back soon.

Never thought I'd miss a car so much. Weird.

Andrew, wish you all the luck with this mate. Don't accept anything you dont want all the way. When i got knocked off my bike the insurance company asked for ads from a price comparason, so i got loads form several sources and sent them.

If i were you I'd get Bonzai out and Jap Performance and send them a couple of examples of your car for sale, even maybe find a few on the net from importers or even off here.