The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rays supra is DEAD

Ray

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the pics of Peters car, that's all repaired now and that looked far worse.

Were you speeding, honestly???

I don't honestly think it should be a defence killer in cases like these. Whether an approaching car is doing 50 in a 30 limit or 30 in a 50 limit, it's up to the driver pulling out to make a decision based on the oncoming cars speed. I don't see why, if an approaching car is over the speed limit, the driver of the car pulling out is immediately absolved of all responsibility.

Always remember, all bus drivers are psychotic. It's why they apply for the job in the first place.

Nasty Ray. I know how you feel. Airbag scares ya dunnit. Not sure if it helps but there can be light at the end of the tunnel. Mine got totalled in July. Now I have a new one with all the bits I ever wanted fitting to a Supra but could never afford. She's at GVN now having the Top Secret Nose painted and fitted.

Hang in there bro. Probably take 3 weeks before you can start to not be so bothered about it.

If you have any questions about what happens next, insurance tips etc give us a shout as I did with Skyjawa. He helped me a load.

Justin:thumbs:

Justin.

:hijack:

I spoke to Gerald and Victor yesterday and they said that they wanted me to send you a picture of a painted dash :cool:

They did mine and it really made a HUGE difference inside the cockpit.

The car looks much newer and fresh!

you might also want to consider asking them to go over the whole car with a mop. Not sure of cost, but it will be GLEAMING when u pick her up.

:thumbs:

http://miami-gt.com/images/DashPainting.jpg

GUTTED !!!

Just got off the phone to Ray and just saw this thread - totally totally gutted for you mate.

That was by far, one of the best looking if not the best black one that i had actually seen.

Im just glad you;re okay mate. Hang in there, we'll sort things out.

Guest Dave_Refault
Originally posted by Ray

i have a few witnesses... but the police say i was over the speed limit, and im very lucky im not getin dun for Careless driving :(

Do they have proof? If not - tell them to shove it.

Damn!! Really sorry to hear this. The first thing I noticed after the nice wheels was the fact that it's a UK SPEC which is all the more reason to get it fixed.

It definitely looks fixable to me, it could be back on the road within a week of going into a decent bodyshop.

I reckon you would lose more if you decided to claim on the insurance as a write off since you probably wouldn't get back the money spent on things like wheels etc.

Anyway, hope it all goes well !!

:)

Save the UK SPEC !!!