The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this acceptable?

lockys96

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello si, yea it looks to me as if they have mistaken the exhaust to be mild steel and have mig welded a steel hangar on using steel wire. If it were me id be trying to get them to order me a new exhaust and weld an appropriate stainless steel hangar on it. Im pretty sure they will not be able to remove that hangar without leaving a messy finish on the back box and there will probably still be steel welded into the box so it would still end up rusting. Just my thoughts.

That needs a new exhaust really, whoever did it has buggered up a brand new and quite expensive back box. If it was me I'd get a new exhaust out of them (they can keep the old one) and the fitting costs back, and go elsewhere to get it fitted.

I'm no welder myself but I have friends who can do it, and they reckon you can't mistake what you are welding up, so just laziness I spose. Sigh.

-Ian

That needs a new exhaust really, whoever did it has buggered up a brand new and quite expensive back box. If it was me I'd get a new exhaust out of them (they can keep the old one) and the fitting costs back, and go elsewhere to get it fitted.

I'm no welder myself but I have friends who can do it, and they reckon you can't mistake what you are welding up, so just laziness I spose. Sigh.

-Ian

well shouldnt i let them see if they can correct it first, cant see them paying out £450

What I can't understand is why a correct back box would need modifying anyway? Or is it a generic one that needed fettling? A decent tin basher / welder can fix that as new, for a price.

i think modification may have been necessary to get the exhaust to fit the rear of Lockys car..........i think the tip is surrounded (top bottom left and right) by bodywork/kit with little clearance........this may explain the odd/unique mounting position.........doesn't explain the non stainless weld material........

Si your like me ....never ending troubles, my 4 row intercooler has snapped off the brackets off the front, im laughing or ill cry :D

Due to this snapping i get a rub on a pipe on full lock, ill be sorting it this weekend.

James, I have now decided that Widebody kits are just not worth the trouble:rolleyes:

http://www.bodgitnscarper.com?

Who ever did that shouldnt be allowed near such nice cars :(

Looks like they have butchered what was once a very nice exhaust, who the hell welds steel hangers on a stainless exhast, youd atleast cover them in heat paint to stop them rusting in the first five mins, sheer crulty to exhausts :blink:

Id be asking for i to be put right.

What I can't understand is why a correct back box would need modifying anyway? Or is it a generic one that needed fettling? A decent tin basher / welder can fix that as new, for a price.

sod all gap between the rear diffuser and rear bumper.

my new rear bumper is so much higher in height