The mkiv Supra Owners Club

n/a whingers

Dave

Guest NINJYA

I loved my n/a and had it about 6mths before buying a tt - i wanted to learn to drive a supra first before going straight for the tt - i never moaned about the power - but now i have it theres nothing like it !! I enjoy my tt so much more and i havent spent anything on it except servicing and tyres.

.............unless you really aren't power hungry you should really try to experience the TT at some point IMO ( i think i will again some day)..........

Good point. I have had a TT in the past. Maybe if I hadn't, I would have wanted one this time, or I would have regretted the NA after buying it.

I hate to say it but i think ive spent over 7k on my supra over 3 years. (i could have bought 2 turbo kits for that!) i bought my car for the way it looked, not for the power (or lack of according to some people) At the end of the day the NA supra is no slouch! Ive had at least 5 different TT owners ride in my car and are so suprised how quick it really is.

Im getting nitrous installed purely because i want a little bit more oomph when im racing type r's or Dave F ;)

What TT reliabilty problems?

And the NA is in a high state of tune- get real, 220-240bhp from 3 litres? Oh the specific output is stratospheric.... If it had 300bhp then I'd agree.

And so the bashing begins:(

And so the bashing begins:(

low 200's from 3 litres isn't a high state of tune, look at the M3's 3.2 it's got 320bhp with no turbos, look at the S2000- 240 from 2.0, a Mondeo ST220 has 220 from 3 litres- is the Mondeo in a high state of tune?

Seriously go grab an Evo magazine and loo at the bhp & lbsft compared to capacity.

If you think I'm a TT fanboy then I'll tell you now I don't think 320bhp from a 3.0TT is all that when Audi were getting 375 from a 2.7V6TT in the late ninties.

I have an N/A and I love it to bits. However, I am one of those that will hopefully buy a Twin T within the next 12 months.

Not because I think the N/As are shite, far from it. Mine is fairly standard but it looks good and pulls hard.

My reason for getting the TT will be purely down to the fact that I have always wanted a turbo charged car.

IMO we should all be proud to be Supra owners and members of, on the whole, a helpful and useful club.

I had a NA and loved it but it just didnt get my blood pumping enough (I use my car just for the fun of driving and not daily). So got my TT and its a different kettle of fish no problems with it at all (apart from cut down studs but that was the previouse owner and no fault of the car).

PS hugging wood as I type this

low 200's from 3 litres isn't a high state of tune, look at the M3's 3.2 it's got 320bhp with no turbos, look at the S2000- 240 from 2.0, a Mondeo ST220 has 220 from 3 litres- is the Mondeo in a high state of tune?

Seriously go grab an Evo magazine and loo at the bhp & lbsft compared to capacity.

If you think I'm a TT fanboy then I'll tell you now I don't think 320bhp from a 3.0TT is all that when Audi were getting 375 from a 2.7V6TT in the late ninties.

220bhp from 3 lltres is very respectable for an engine with only a primitive varaible intake manifold and no VVT or cam switching AND with usable low down torque. The engines you cite above all use variable cam timing or cam switching, and I bet the ST220 engine has at least intake cam VVT.

Just been and played footie at Manchester Soccer Dome. I don't normally take the Supra as there are a lot of scrotes knocking about. I took one of my best mates in it to the game as the Supe hadn't moved for over a week.

On the way home I gave it some welly in second and third coming away from a roundabout near the Trafford Centre. My mate Simmy nearly shit himself. We got to 4.5K revs and the cars took off and the back end went all wheelspinny!! :cool:

He said, jesus....thats quick!! I said "This is the slow version too!"

I am still smiling now.....an hour later!!:D

H.

I agree with all the comments made so far. I have had mine 2 years and loved every minute :)

When most people say to me "nice car" and stop for a chat, probably 60% don't even ask if it's a TT or not. It's got the looks and if I want to put my foot down it goes. What more can you ask for.

Having said that I am considering going N/A-T next year and because it's taken me 2 years to get the car looking almost how I want I don't fancy selling and starting all over again with a TT.

Actually that was the one thing that annoyed me when I had my NA. EVERYONE asked me "Is it a turbo?" bar none. :rolleyes:

Daft thing is, hardly anyone asks me that now :cry:

Too true - I had 2 NA's and EVERYONE asked me......since the TT only 1 person has asked......

I think I might jump in there with twin turbo before they ask!?!?

I also love my N/A and have no worries about the horses it delivers. It's also my daily driver so I guess the power hasn't always been a big issue for me. It still responds well when I need it to, & gets lots of looks. It is good to see I'm not the only one who enjoys driving an N/A!!!

I get the "Is it a twin turbo?" too. When I say "No, single turbo" they always look disappointed.

I know what the NA guys go through though; I love auto TT Supras but it really REALLY used to piss me off when people would say "Ewww! It an Auto!"

At the end of the day, whether it's an NA or a Auto TT it will be disrespected by those who don't know Supras because they don;t know what great cars they really are.

Their loss. :shrug:

I get the "Is it a twin turbo?" too. When I say "No, single turbo" they always look disappointed.

I know what the NA guys go through though; I love auto TT Supras but it really REALLY used to piss me off when people would say "Ewww! It an Auto!"

At the end of the day, whether it's an NA or a Auto TT it will be disrespected by those who don't know Supras because they don;t know what great cars they really are.

Their loss. :shrug:

And not knowing what great cars they are means they'll never know this great club..:D

Guest Geneb
Actually that was the one thing that annoyed me when I had my NA. EVERYONE asked me "Is it a turbo?" bar none. :rolleyes:

Daft thing is, hardly anyone asks me that now :cry:

Maybe its the "wanna race you tosser i'll leave ya for dead!" look you have on your face now you have a TT:d :D :d

My supra is amazing. I love it. I drive it every day so it makes more sense than having a tt. I dont take it to track days so the extra power isnt needed, the NA is pleanty fast enough for the road and against most other cars it'll leave them standing. One day id like a tt, as an upgrade and to gain more driving experiance, not because the NA isn't good enough. So all in all the NA is great.:)

I won't knock the N/A even though i'm TT, a few of the guy's I go to the meets with have N/A's, and they don't get left behind unless the speeds get a little silly on the M way, they look just as good as the TT's, and sound better with a good zorst. Parked up with the bonnet closed, or cruising through town, no-one will know who has turbo's and who doesn't.