The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First impression PHR stage 3

JamieP

I'd be interested to see how you get on. Hope you get it sorted mate :)

Im supprised to, there still might be a problem somewhere with the car or turbo, we run out of time to check.

Ive not written it off yet, lets see what happens next week.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im supprised to, there still might be a problem somewhere with the car or turbo, we run out of time to check.

Ive not written it off yet, lets see what happens next week.

It can be so hard to improve when you get so close to what you want first time!

Why did you change the turbo? more power?

Maybe you are at that stage BHP wise where they say you go to high and no longer getting the speed...just the numbers.

Anyway knowing you Jamie you'll get it sorted :thumbs:

Jamie, do you know who's car it was on previously and the set up it was used to??

I brought it from paul wiffin, it was on his car prior, i spoke to paul and he said there should be no issues with the turbo, lets see:)

I ordered another gt4088 couple weeks ago with the .96ar now im worrid that wont be any good either:(
It'll be fine mate. It's only the next turbine housing up from what you had before, everything else is the same. As you know I've gone for the .96 myself and I'm quite confident it'll be great.

If you're really worried about it get Kyle to change it for a .81A/R - he won't mind.

Jamie, might be worth asking Paul if he has any dyno plots of his car with this turbo on to compare - surely he must have?!

Not of a lot of point mate, if it cant compete back to back with a 4088 in spool or power then im not intrested, lets see what happens when we wack the boost up.

Not of a lot of point mate, if it cant compete back to back with a 4088 in spool or power then im not intrested, lets see what happens when we wack the boost up.

I fear the worst Jamie but will wait to be proved wrong, I have never been a fan of larger turbos, the pricing on the 4088 at the mo is good so a no brainer if this one proves not to live up to expectations, I would always opt for a smaller turbo on a road car, im currently trying to source a lively little nubmer for mine :taped: :eyebrows:

Well im not giving up on it yet, the gasket that joins the tubby to the manifold gave up today, also i notice a blue flame coming from the joint when on the dyno, lets hope that is where i was losing boost and power from, Greg is sorting it monday and then it will go back to the dyno first chance i have.

Well im not giving up on it yet, the gasket that joins the tubby to the manifold gave up today, also i notice a blue flame coming from the joint when on the dyno, lets hope that is where i was losing boost and power from, Greg is sorting it monday and then it will go back to the dyno first chance i have.

fingers and toes crossed mate :D im up at knight racer next week so if your about, wouldn't mind a gander, not seen it in the flesh since the body mods

Jamie, how do you end up paying TurboFit. Do you just get random bills, or do you have like a monthly debt order and pay them a sum of money every month??? :p

After seeing the first video of your car wit the 4088, I was very impressed and will seriously be considering that for my car when the current hybrids give in. Was not impressed with the video of the new setup.... Hope you get it srted!! :D