The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my supra stolen !!!

alan_blue

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh is yours a whitey too? I didn't realise.

Being a new chap I don't suppose you know the nightmare my white VVTi turned into. I can't be arsed to go into it but suffice to say it was the worst car I've ever owned and I lost a truckload of money on it.

Sorry to hear this Alan. :(

I agree with some of the guys comments, I'd suggest starting a new thread including as much detail as possible, reg, engine number, frame number, mileage, photos, list of non standard parts, where it was nicked form, everything you can think of basically. Then ask one Mawby if he can sticky it at the top of the page, either here or on the front page, so it gets as much exposure as possible. I would also ask members if they can post links to the thread on other car forums, so it gets even more exposure.

I'd have thought it would be quite difficult for some one to break and sell Supra parts without someone knowing about it. I'm guessing a lot of the guys on here scan ebay for parts, so if anyone spots anything then would be worth posting details. The seats look very unique, so should be easy to spot in a for sale ad or on another Supra.

look jake the fact that you would imply im not bothered about is ridicuous and if you cant be assed to post anything helpful then dont bother please. if you read the whole posts you would realise that i have not had a chance to get onto the net for a week hence the delay in posting it!!

some reallu helpful and kind posts on here and i thank you for that and thanks for doing the pics for me too. hard for me to give more detail really as it was all standard tbh and i wish i had the frame number etc but i dont have it.

really pissed off that my pride and joy has gone but there is no point coming onto a forum and crying about the fact its gone is there you may as well face up to it and act positive and make efforts to find it as i am.

thanks guys some good advice here too

Sorry to hear this mate, hope you sort it all out.

No one is saying you should be crying. But if you provided as much information as soon as possible then you would have standed a much better chance of someone spotting your car, or part of it.

Surely there must be some cctv or speed cameras around there that could have picked up the car? Chin up though, you never know it might turn up.

Also where by in Shropshire are you? Im in oswestry/ shrewsbury area (even though it says Powys). If you need a hand with anything just give me a shout. Not that I can think of out I can do to help in this situation but still.

Should these sorts of threads be put in members only?

It's just that any unique/different parts on the car might never end up on places like E-Bay if the thief looks at this site as a possible marketing tool and sees

1. That we all are looking out for it

2. That some of the parts he thought were stock/standard are in fact very unusual and would arouse suspicion if advertised to all and sundry.

Just a thought....

Should these sorts of threads be put in members only?

It's just that any unique/different parts on the car might never end up on places like E-Bay if the thief looks at this site as a possible marketing tool and sees

1. That we all are looking out for it

2. That some of the parts he thought were stock/standard are in fact very unusual and would arouse suspicion if advertised to all and sundry.

Just a thought....

When I was selling my last car, I forgot to erase the reg from one of the photos. Had a phone call from a bloke who was very keen, then he later text me saying v interested and, by the way, need few details, ie: vin number, MOT certificate serial number etc :conf: - I said not necessary unless your looking to clone it, hur hur. And the response? silence.Heard no more from him.

You need coverage so more people would recognise it but have to balance that with 'too much information can be dangerous'?? Difficult one, awful its happened and gutted for you m8 :( Hope it doesnt end in tears,

Linda

x

When I was selling my last car, I forgot to erase the reg from one of the photos. Had a phone call from a bloke who was very keen, then he later text me saying v interested and, by the way, need few details, ie: vin number, MOT certificate serial number etc :conf: - I said not necessary unless your looking to clone it, hur hur. And the response? silence.Heard no more from him.

You need coverage so more people would recognise it but have to balance that with 'too much information can be dangerous'?? Difficult one, awful its happened and gutted for you m8 :( Hope it doesnt end in tears,

Linda

x

Do you not need that info to do a Hpi check?? I can't remember exactly what I sed for mine.........:rolleyes:

H.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alan

Efini's a new member here and has bumped into a Supra for sale, no logbook, no docs, described as 92. Didn't make 'em til 93. Well dodgy.

Have asked for details bud. See the thread Help!!!!!!!!!!.

Sorry mate it's an N/A.

Apologise if I got yer hopes up bud.

Guest NINJYA

oh no - what a nightmare - its something i dread happening to me as alot of cars have been stolen by me and i live in a small village! Also theres been lots of cars being trashed 'for fun' and stereos stolen. Any noise outside and im at the window during the nite checking - so sorry for you.

oh no - what a nightmare - its something i dread happening to me as alot of cars have been stolen by me and i live in a small village! Also theres been lots of cars being trashed 'for fun' and stereos stolen. Any noise outside and im at the window during the nite checking - so sorry for you.

:blink: read what you just posted, i quote, alot of cars have been stolen by me and i live in a small village:D cannot believe you have not been caught hence the name ninja i suppose:p

I agree with some of the previous posts m8, I gather your a pretty laid back guy, otherwise I'd expect you ranting and raving about the bastards who did this!

If indeed you are genuine about catching and hopefully finding the car, I'd be joining every car enthusiast forum in the country and posting pics up in the hope that someone finds it, car theives arent generally clever people(otherwise they wouldnt be stealing cars) so hopefully they do something stupid and slip up

Good luck!