The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greeting from Japan

Guest jza80rztrd

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jza80rztrd

Nic: Hello Nic:) Sorry if you are wrong person, but do you sell Full CF TRD wing? I got mine from HK last year.:)

SilverSoop: Plz come to Japan! there are alots of things you love to see like TAS:d

uzthedentist: Nice to meet you. yes looks similar but wider is better!! I wish my wife allow me to do that:d In japan, sometimes local parking spot is too narrow for wide body supra . Is there any supra owner from japan in this forum?

AndyT: Thanks for the compliments. Nice to meet you mate!

On behalf of myself and the club, hello and welcome to the forum Kazu to you and to any other Japanese Supra enthusiasts :)

I also have a '97 facelift TT, but am more about going racing than looking good :D

^^ Although I think even Supras with stock bodies and nice wheels still look good :D

What do you think of our ways of modifying Supras for more power? We tend to mix and match Japanese and American parts..... most modified Supras available for import from Japan tend to use old school GReddy T88 and T78 turbos and suchlike, where we prefer to use modern units from the states from the likes of Garrett. It seems Japanese owners like to stick to Japanese produced parts?

I want to visit Japan sometime within the next year or two, would be good to meet up with some Japanese enthusiasts!

Cheers,

Brian.

Guest jza80rztrd
On behalf of myself and the club, hello and welcome to the forum Kazu to you and to any other Japanese Supra enthusiasts

I also have a '97 facelift TT, but am more about going racing than looking good ^^ Although I think even Supras with stock bodies and nice wheels still look good

What do you think of our ways of modifying Supras for more power? We tend to mix and match Japanese and American parts..... most modified Supras available for import from Japan tend to use old school GReddy T88 and T78 turbos and suchlike, where we prefer to use modern units from the states from the likes of Garrett. It seems Japanese owners like to stick to Japanese produced parts?

I want to visit Japan sometime within the next year or two, would be good to meet up with some Japanese enthusiasts!

Cheers,

Brian.

Nice to meet you Brian. You have a nice supra indeed:) One of my japanese friends has Topfuel modified T51R-SPL supra for drag racing. I'm sure he will be happy to see your car!

About your question: As far as I know, most Japanese supra owners tend to put japanese produced parts rather than foriegn parts. Reason is simple, most Japanese people don't know much about US/UK/AU parts. even they don't know there are such huge communities around the world. I'm glad that I can use English:D

Please let me know when you come to Japan!! I'm glad to take you around

Cheers

Kazu, got to say I'd love to get my Supra looking as good as yours but I always prefer to spend my money on the go faster bits first - I'll get to the bling eventually!!

It would be good to see some Japanese owners mixing their parts also to get the best setups - each community seems to be good in certain areas.

This video of our recent Santa Pod meet, made by our member pistonbroke (thanks!), is a good example of what our Supra scene and Japanese performance car scene in general is like here in the UK:

[putfile]Supra-santa-pod[/putfile]

Cheers,

Brian.

Guest jza80rztrd

Trig,supra61,SupraStar 3000,and PAG: Nice to meet guys! Great place with great mates:)

tDR: Thanks Brian, Nice vid!!

Great thing to know that each country has different way of tunning.

I hope I would make many supra friends worldwide more than anyone else:)

Yeah some nice looking ones there. There's a VERY wide looking yellow one I can just see in a couple of the photo's in the background but no photo's of that specifically.

Shame the photo's aren't bigger.

I notice everyone likes to pose by the car too! :D

Kazo,

thanks for the pics, the Supras look amazing. Do u go up to the hills, where the drift Kings, learnt to drift a while back? Is it a regular meet and wots it like. Do u hav any pics or movies? :)

We have smaller version over here called Ace Cafe, but we only have 200 meters straight with a mini round about. LOL I will get Lui to email up over some videos he shot last Tuesday. :D

Check out these videos, especially the Santa Pod 07 Meet

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=88

Guest jza80rztrd

Chiefgroover,D3xt3r,MrDriver,stupra: Glad to meet you mates.:D

Wow I didn't expect to have supra friends in germany and Belgium!!!:)

I didn't expect to receive such a big wellcome:d , guess my reply will be over 25 before I can get club membership lol

Good night mates! ... well, Japan is 9pm right now lol

Kazu