Interesting post Jon!:rolleyes:

H.

i try my best :p

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a reply from them regarding my questions: -

"Gearbox is fine, Heater Matrix may need replacing as there is no heat but I will know on Tuesday when my mechanics are back in. The labour time is high for the job but to me its no problem at all for me to get it done. The car will be sold spot on.

Regards"

Worrying no mention of the fact that the gearbox is a 5 Speed...

"gearbox is fine", he was careful enough to avoid any reference to number '6'

The heater matrix horror is also brushed aside as a probably minor inconvenience.

Some potentially nasty surprises there for the punter who hasn't done his homework.

Hell, what do you expect if he doesn't count the gears and doesn't check all electrics/gizmos/controls to make sure they're working....

The heater matrix horror is also brushed aside as a probably minor inconvenience.

Some potentially nasty surprises there for the punter who hasn't done his homework.

Hell, what do you expect if he doesn't count the gears and doesn't check all electrics/gizmos/controls to make sure they're working....

Also if you have noticed in the new ad for it, its now running 550 bhp and no mention of injectors, ecu, clutch etc etc!!

i did email them but no response LOL

sad thing is some poor sap will buy it thinking its a 550 bhp car when its not, well at the moment and needs alot of money to make it a 550 bhp car

.... some poor sap will buy it thinking its a 550 bhp car when its not, well at the moment and needs alot of money to make it a 550 bhp car

I know of more who think they've got a 500+bph car despite timings that try to indicate othewise;)

If it ain't doing easily low 12s it may well be on the wrong side of 500. But that's just my view.:sly:

In this case, I'd think just going through the gears should ring alarm bells.:blink:

He's def looking for an unknowledgable punter:(

Nice car dealer masking all the facts there. At least Martin was honest and upfront with all the cars problems.

Fair play to the guy for making a bit of money on it as profit is what makes businesses exist, but surely not stating all the facts about the car is illegal right??

This car was a steal at 5k but daylight robbery at 9k.

I sincerely hope any potential buyer of this car checks this board first.

I´m dreading the new ´Just got my first Supe´ thread in the New Members section - what with the all the history surrounding this car.

The new seller is a mentalist.

I was bored so fired this at him via pistonheads:

Possibly interested but the car is some distance from me, in order to save a wasted journey I have a few questions:

Photo 2 shows a shadow on the "skirt" of the car near the rear wheel vent - is this a mark on the car or just a shadow?

Other than the engine modifications is this a standard 6-speed Supra import with different alloys?

Do you have a current dyno readout from your "top spec rolling road system"?

Any known issues that you didn't have space to report and any kind of warranty on the vehicle?

Sorry for the annoying questions but I find it easier to be honest up front to save wasting our time :)

Cheers.

His reply:

Give me a call micheal. Iv'e had a few messages on here that are pissing me off. I have a brain you know. I know who is sending this message so get a life. I understand your reasons for sending these emails. I wont go into them at the moment. I am a car dealer and I make lots of money selling cars.

If I am mistaken then forgive me, give me a call and I will be glad to answer any questions that you have. If I am right then don't harass me anymore as I will be in Weston-super-mare in the near future once again if its not you then call me

Regards

John

I replied with:

Well that's not the reply I was expecting!

I suspect I'm not the person you think this is, whoever that may be, but based on your reply I think I'll give this a miss, thanks for your time.

And he followed with:

Well I think you are the person but don't worry wont be paying you a visit,

I find it quite amusing that you have nothing better to do.

I suspect someone else might have been sending him messages.

So basically he is threatening people, who are pointing out, what's wrong with the car? lol! This SHOULD go to trade standards.

I wasn't even pointing out any specifics, I was vague on purpose and game him the opportunity to come clean about anything he wanted to.

Obviously he's getting a bit miffed at people asking about this particular car but why risk a potential sale by threatening people whose identity he isn't 100% sure about?