The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another single turbo project thread

Marty

Looking very :cool:, are we having a see who's got the shiniest manifold comp on the 8th too :D

Thanks mate, Yeah why not ;) aslong as we can have a 'see whos got the shiniest turbo comp too' :D

Just had a look at your thread, looks great mate, nearly there now :thumbs:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mate, Yeah why not ;) aslong as we can have a 'see whos got the shiniest turbo comp too' :D

Just had a look at your thread, looks great mate, nearly there now :thumbs:

Mine doesn't get a look in compared to your hosuing :)

Yeah, can't wait to see them both on the dyno man :D

• 2 weeks later...

Few more pics ...

Engine back in ... :)

In tank fuel system sorted...

Turbo fitted to manifold...

Oil cooler and Powersteering cooler fitted....

Mmm ... titan ....

They fitted the turbo last night.... and found out it has a 3.5" v-band, i have a 3" downpipe !!! feck feck feck. Just my bloody luck that is.

Luckily Michel had a backup plan and we already have another turbo to be fitted instead :D

Car should be running tomorrow. More pics to follow...

Looks good matey :thumbs:

The oil feed is well of vertical, so that need looking at (probably on the to-do list though!)

Thanks mate :)

Thats the original turbo, phr 2+, which they found doesnt bloody fit to my 3" downpipe, so its gotta come off anyway. No pics of the other one yet, i'll get some more up soon, it'll be done in the next day or so :)

Glad you got yours back up and running, bit longer than anticipated though hey, me too...

Yours is a bit of a beast :thumbs: Cant wait to get mine back on the road.

What other turbo will be going on?

No offence but shouldnt the DP to turbo fit really have been checked?!

a sound performance sp850...blah blah turbo is going on, basically a t67 :) Same as the one kopite was selling i think.

erm.. yeah it should have i suppose, as the turbo has been at the garage a few weeks, but the turbo was bought as an after thought, by me, and then taken down to them, i was told it was a 3", so didnt think to check, so i guess the garage didnt think to check either. Just one of them things...

Shame really.. its a nice looking bit of kit :(

Wish we would have, fooking delays hey :(

Looking good man, looks like we're going head to head on Wednesday after all :D :D

More pics.... with turbo on, etc, im actually very disappointed in how old, tarnished etc this turbo looks considering i swapped it for a brand new shiny phr stage 2+:rolleyes: :( Im hoping it'll clean up a bit with some metal polish or something :help:

Seems like its coming together now, it was meant to be completed and mapped by today but we've hit more delays so i dont really know when it'll be done, or mapped now :conf:

soon i hope.

The turbo is just tarnished martin, this is what happens to polished surfaces after several months . The turbo is in very good condition , it has an anti surge housing on it aswell . Iam sorry for the delays, the next tune will be soon. The turbo will be polished when you collect the car, i can assure you of this. The delays have been issues of which iam not very satisfied with, but iam trying to resolve them ASAP for you. please be patient for the next several days while i resolve them. You wont be disappointed with the end result.

Very nearly there Marty!

I like the oil filter relocation, thats so much easier to get to.

PITA about the delays, but trust me a few days (or even weeks) is nothing if you want the job done properly. As soon as you get in the thing they'll all be forgotten :D

How come there's no wrap on anything? Also, is that an XS manifold? It looks rather different to mine :blink: