Another single turbo project thread

Marty

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nicholas
Why not? It's cheap and it works fine

how reliable is it though? IMO if you skimp on modding a car like this you need your head checking!

Guest Nicholas
ahhh it's cheap so it's no good eh? All tubular manifolds can/will crack. A manifold swap if you have problems isn't a big job. It's working fine here :D

In my opinion and experience yes if it's cheap it's no good :) if yours is working fine im glad, keep me updated I'd be interested to know how long it lasts.

Guess im just getting a little impatient as its been away so long :D

Its not an xs power manifold no, its an obx one, pretty similar though.

Like this... obx manifold but mine isnt clocked.

IMO there isnt anything wrong with the xs power/ebay manifolds, especially the new ones with the bracing on.

Cutting it a bit fine for the big meet there! Can't view the pics here, and I hope it all goes smoothly on the 29th!

I know mate, i wasnt expecting it to take so long to be honest, it was originally meant to be the 8th but we've had a few delays etc. it'll be fine, i'll be there for the meet :D

Still no wrap on the manifold?

Doesnt look that way no, downpipe is done now though.

I know mate, i wasnt expecting it to take so long to be honest, it was originally meant to be the 8th but we've had a few delays etc. it'll be fine, i'll be there for the meet :D

Good good.

It's going to be a long weekend for you when you pick her up again! The drive back down from way up North, then some unnecessary petrol useage all day Saturday :eyebrows:. And, I'm not the only one putting in serious miles to get there!

• 2 weeks later...

Well martins car was all sorted on the day , it ran very impressive figures, ill let him tell you all. I must say i have never seen a persons face filled with "oh shit what have i done, it may be to fast for me " look :D..... The combination of parts and setup which i have been applying on the cars that we get in have been perfect i believe for the type of "stock" setup with power. The car drives like stock , apart from the clutch giving you an extra inch to your calve muscles. Both cars are perfect for town driving and motorway madness . They are running on low boost for the time so they can get used to the power , then a month later i will be turning the boost so some extra bhp if they feel they need it. Just so everyone thinks why low boost ?? why not give it everything . Jumping from 280-350bhp to 570hp / 470rwhp is why.. you need to get use to the cars first and learn to drive it before giving more boost.

I hope martin can upload the graphs ..

Well martins car was all sorted on the day , it ran very impressive figures, ill let him tell you all. I must say i have never seen a persons face filled with "oh shit what have i done, it may be to fast for me " look :D..... The combination of parts and setup which i have been applying on the cars that we get in have been perfect i believe for the type of "stock" setup with power. The car drives like stock , apart from the clutch giving you an extra inch to your calve muscles. Both cars are perfect for town driving and motorway madness . They are running on low boost for the time so they can get used to the power , then a month later i will be turning the boost so some extra bhp if they feel they need it. Just so everyone thinks why low boost ?? why not give it everything . Jumping from 280-350bhp to 570hp / 470rwhp is why.. you need to get use to the cars first and learn to drive it before giving more boost.

It was best when he came back after the 1st test drive (Dan driving, Mart passenger), he got out and in all seriousness said "Why anyone would want anything more than that is beyond me" :D :D :D, I was creased up, that's @ 1.1 bar too!!!! I drove it from my house to Michels & it really is a lovely drive, it starts on the 1st crank, idles smoothly @ 800 rpm as well as being an animal on WOT.

I am soooooo pleased for Martin, his face when driving it says everything.

It was best when he came back after the 1st test drive (Dan driving, Mart passenger), he got out and in all seriousness said "Why anyone would want anything more than that is beyond me" :D :D :D, I was creased up, that's @ 1.1 bar too!!!! I drove it from my house to Michels & it really is a lovely drive, it starts on the 1st crank, idles smoothly @ 800 rpm as well as being an animal on WOT.

I am soooooo pleased for Martin, his face when driving it says everything.

Graphs uploaded on this thread ...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=116406

Michel is spot on witht he 'learning to drive' , the power is amazing, its not something you can just jump into from 300bhp and drive around on full throttle.

I did say that :D and i meant it, i cant understand why anyone would need anymore power than that, as it is now its perfect :D

Obviously i will get it mapped up to higher boost, but i can see myself sticking to 1.1bar for normal everyday driving.

Im gutted about your car Jay :( i was expecting to see near 700bhp, and it was well on course for it, luckily its nothing too serious, you'll be back in the monster in a few weeks :)

i cant understand why anyone would need anymore power than that, as it is now its perfect

I'll remind you you said that in a couple of months :D :D

Im gutted about your car Jay i was expecting to see near 700bhp, and it was well on course for it, luckily its nothing too serious, you'll be back in the monster in a few weeks

Hey it's all part of the fun, Michel is sorting it as top priority as we speak, I'll be backvoice> :D