The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yet another Pod thread.

RedM

Really enjoyed today too, so many supras! and so many nice ones too, makes me green lol.

Thanks to UKRich and everyone else for putting up with my constant questions.

Thanks for Jezzybabe for supplying and fitting front leather seats and black carpet while there, didnt expect for my wallet to be lightened that much going there, but glad for it, chuffed with them.

To everyone else, great meeting you.

:D Yes well done all the MODs on organising this it was a fantastic day a success i think ;)

Great to meet some new and old faces RedM...Robsheffield...EDsuprastar...Fish...Keron...Jezzybabes...Gaz and Kevin from Envy...Knight...Mawby and Tigger Very nice birthday present !...Branners...Gaz614??...Robbie...and the usual NWest crew Mike,RobW,Rob (doctor Doom),Derek,MattH,MikeW,Ian,Sharpie,Leon and Lesley,and Wez with some very impressive times and apologies to anyone ive missed out my excuse is the sunburn has gone to my head now !!

Cheers everybody a good day was had by all :D :D :D

Ian

I think the next Pod event could build on this success. Now people know what its all about I expect the take-up of ticket sales will be much better.

I expect a thread will start up with suggestions for what members would like to see next year, but some of my ideas would be:

More club traders selling their wares

Possibly a portable chassis dyno?

Tuning & fitting help - A number of people were unsure of how to go quicker today as it was their first time.

These are just my random thoughts and in no way represent the opinions of other Mods or indeed anyone else :p

I know a man that woud bring his dyno dynamics rollers along, let me know if you want his number;)

Thanks you MkivSupra.net (you guys) and the organisers, who put on the day and helped me get onto a drag strip.. brilliant day.

Ran 14 times (even remembered to turn the T/C off on some of them) :( and was pleased with the results of my stock TT.

Next year BPU :D and an even bigger "T/C OFF" note !!!

Great to spend a nice relaxed day with my usual buds, MrT, Jaymdee, the "Lovers" great to see Cornimac back in the fold.

Watched the European Drag Finals on Men & Motors last night thinking - I wuz there today...:) :D :)

Suggestions...

Fastest ladies prize, spoke to a couple who were "wavering" (you know who you are) ! and Soo & Sheena, I'm sure would be up for it..

Yeah that was a good day yesterday, me and my two boys enjoyed sitting in the sun watching everyone blasting up the strip. Hope there's another one so i can join in next time.

Didn't meet too many people as like Martin said, every one was so busy fiddling with their cars or talking. Would have felt a bit silly butting in "hi guys, who are you?"

Has anyone posted up pics yet, i've got a few taken from the startline. :)

Thanks to the guys that organised suprapod.

I ended up doing about 12 runs, loved it.

Also nice to meet a few of you ash bhp,jamiep,ukrich,sharpie and everyone else i met, i cant wait for the next one, i need more practice.

Nice meeting you mate, nice car you got there:)

Well what a great day that was.

After the dramas for me on Friday, and looking like I wasn't going to get there, I managed to get along eventually.

I think this event has been a real roller coaster ride for those that helped get it going. We were looking, midweek, at a potential financial disaster with an initail sign up or about 35 runners out of the 75 we required to make it break even.

Howecer, as is often the way by close of play on Friday we had 58 runners and a few more took it up on the day.

And with all the spectators that turned up, it turned it around to be a great success, and I measure this not in terms of averting a financial disaster, but in the great positive vibe that permeated through everyone there.

What a mixed bunch we all are, but we all have one thing in common and that's our Supes.

Having been to a few club events now I have to honestly say, that was, by far, the best club event, ever.

It was great to meet some old friends, and meet some new. There was just not enough time in the day to chat to everyone, so sorry to anyone I missed.

Finally I'd just like to thank Jezzybabes for letting me take his RX7 up the strip. Thanks mate, I'm eternally grateful for that. :)

Looking forward now to JAE, and bring on SupraPod, 2008. :D

Another thmbs up from me. That was a fantastic day, an absolute bargain. It was good that the track opened up in the afternoon for 30 quid (as I could just about afford that!) cos I really wanted to get a time for my N/A (16.34). I didn't get to meet half the folk there, but really enjoyed myself.

A massive thank you to all those involved in setting this event up, you did a brilliant job, cheers.

See some of you at the Lakes run...

Hi guys,

I was a passenger with Sandy-M2, we came down from Edinburgh and just like to say I enjoyed the day thoroughly.

For what its worth some points:

# Great that the mods wore t-shirts with their names..helps enormously.

# Track time was awesome, well worth the entry fee for the amount of runs.

# Brilliant support from that company from Milton Keynes that came along to sort out cars with problems.

# Excellent turnout of cars...

Glad it seems you've broke even, or at least close to it.

Certainly an event to build on, to be bigger and better.

...as for the point about other marques joining - I dont think you need them :)