The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SupraPod Awards

Sheefa

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As agreed, you're buying the burgers at the next Reading meet. Make sure you bring your credit card ;)

:D

I trust you have posted my cheque? :D Well done mate, incredibly well prepared engine bay. :)

Thanks mate, I put a lot of my time into it and Colsoop as well :)

yes and your banned from the next competition we know you melt down all the trophys you win to make more bling. your twisted gary!

:p

Oh Lui is not happy then ? :D

Lui voted for me :) I'm sure he said something like that

Did I have the fastest stock time? When will we know?

Pete, I hit the rev limiter too at one point (I forgot I was full auto on one of my runs and pushed it into neutral!!)

Mikey, do you mean Suprasteve? It's his time I specifically wanted to beat ;)

Lol... I'm looking at the results today - unless someone comes forward with a faster time (there was no classifications for cars!) then you are the winner ;)

I think the best stock turbo time of the day was Adi (Letmeshowyou) with a 12.888, which I think beat DamanC by only a thousandth of a second!

Gutted, I'd have creamed that! :D

Congrats Adi - well driven! :)

Cheers,

Brian.

Well done guys... smashing cars!

Does anyone know how an 11.7 1/4 mile time compares to the other 6 speed singles? I saw Robbies times so wondered how the manuals compare with his auto!?

Big up the GT4088, Turbofit and Dan Turner... :thumbs:

P.P

From looking at the times in the drag racing section thats a very good time for normal street tyres:)

Congrats Adi - well driven!

thank you :) It would be nice to know for definite though. Time for some drag tyres I think - I'm really not sure I like the idea of a high stall. Tis a shame you couldnt make it I know you'd have put a few of the single cars to shame!

also - cheers James, sorry you couldn't make it either.

thank you :) It would be nice to know for definite though. Time for some drag tyres I think - I'm really not sure I like the idea of a high stall. Tis a shame you couldnt make it I know you'd have put a few of the single cars to shame!

also - cheers James, sorry you couldn't make it either.

Thanks m8 - was so gutted I couldn't be there. Instead spent the day draining fluid from my expensive bl autobox to check for metal shavings then topping it up to analyse the problem further.... conclusion is it's well an truly fubar'd with 2nd gear being altogether missing / slipping all the way through on the way up :(

I fully expected to run my 11 at the pod, given my 12.5 @ 110mph on Elvingtons crappy surface when I didn't have a GReddy 3-Row FMIC, a fully mapped MAP2 ECU with race fuel, a max-air cold air induction setup and a line lock. To me the car feels considerably quicker than when I ran that time and I just can't believe the box let me down :taped:

Not to discredit you at all though, anyone managing sub 13's on standard turbo's deserves respect :notworthy

It's cool - I figured with neither you or Justin there that I stood a reasonable chance.

will it be back in time for totb do you think? Is the box under warranty?

Don't wanna say too much just now to give the guys involved a chance to come through and hopefully offer me a decent resolution but yeah it's warranted in some shape or form. They have full details of the problem and video's of the problem along with videos of the fluid condition (as bright red as the day it went in 3,000 miles ago, not burnt smelling or brown at all). Just need to hear back what they can do for me....

I was all set to go manual as I've lost faith in the autoboxes given this is the 3rd change I'll be doing and the BL box was supposed to be the answer.... BUT it's like an incomplete chapter for me I want my 11 badly so it's gonna be a case of get the box off the car asap, send it to the states for repair, get it back and refit it - hopefully we can turn it around within a month. Means more crawling around under it with my Dad but no pain no gain I guess!

Cheers,

Brian.

Sorry to bring this back up.

The official winners of the Envy Performance trophies at Supra Pod 2007 were:

Best 60ft: Robbie

Fastest Aftermarket Turbo Supra: Robbie

Fastest Non-Turbo Supra: Lust2Luv

Fastest Stock Turbo Supra: letmeshowyou

Well done to everyone!

Best Regards,

Gaz.