Dyno day on the 5th MAY

Paul_SWZ

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phillw454
You down weston tonight then?

I sure will be aslong as people are out and about, yourself?

Il bring that spoiler down if you still want it?

First of all guys THANKYOU very much for coming !

Secondly thankyou once again for being patient and waiting !

and last of all i apologise for the lack of proffesionalism throughout the day in regards to the automatics.

I was told it wasnt going to be a problem and they would be fine but as we all know the bhp figures and the way the cars were run was incorrect and false. I even had to stop them testing one of the cars due to the engine revs and tone.

It was a good day and it was nice to meet greet and catch up. We didnt leave til late and apologise once again for having to leave and not follow on into weston.

Thank you also to JODY to helping out and explaining to the owners of the rolling road how it worked LOL

Thanks all again and hope to see you all soon

Paul

i know man even after both you & i told him how many times? :rolleyes:

just looked again my dnyo read out & they pushed it into 7000 rpm :wtf: why so high? they also held most of the cars in that high of rpm range for a long time i thought

i think that most of us autos were just test subjects for them as they really were clueless

i just hope that they aint done any real damage to my car other than cosmetic

Guest scotthks

hey everyone had a wicked day,dyno was a bit messed up,not pushing out 273bhp lol,the guy told me it was around 250 as the bhp at the flywheel and at the wheel were correct but the total overall of 273 was false,im happy with 250!

Guest scotthks

no its not! theres a blue face lift supra in nailsea,5 speed manual n/a it has a full stainless and that ran 251bhp,there was a uk spec TT behind me and he said i was quick,it aint 273 tho around 250,i know its delimited which gives an extra 850 rpm extra as my rev limiter is at 7320! i also think the cams r uprated,it has a full stainless but still has cats,apparently they run beta with them on

Guest nick_t

i disagree with my read out to an extent they reckon it was 281 at the flywheel which sounds about right but i cant understand the 171 at the rear wheels which is about 40% loss which cant be right can it?

Something seems wrong there mate. I'd have thought an Aristo TT should be 300-320 at fly and 250-260 ish at the wheels (20% loss). Assuming the Aristo runs the same boost levels as the Supra.

Doesn't seem that the Dyno was too accurate from reading all the posts

i disagree with my read out to an extent they reckon it was 281 at the flywheel which sounds about right but i cant understand the 171 at the rear wheels which is about 40% loss which cant be right can it?

i got a 3rd loss on my auto

Thanks Paul, It was a good day but i was suprised when the boys started reading the Manuals! they even asked me to do it for them.. Obvioulsy i said no.... I just couldnt risk a car blowing up in someone elses garage with me on the throttle, as im sure you can understand..

Gambies car was the first Auto on and after i showed them manual mode it made about 460BHP on .8 Bar! I dont think so!

I was suprised that the cars wernt strapped properly, that they had no exhaust probe in checking fueling, and that the bonnets wernt up to help engine cooling.. To be honest they wernt proffesional, and if i had my VVTI engine in, i wouldnt have let then touch mine, but thats not a reflection on you Paul, It was a good day and you organised your end properly.. :thumbs:

My car ran 222bhp with loads of mods, My little bros NA, Standard bar an HKS exhaust did 223.5bhp WTF!

The Facelift in Nailsea didnt run, It wasnt there, It did 251 on our dyno last year, Its the fastest NA ive seen! and would Whoop all of our NA asses that were there..

Loads of the Auto boys were doing 270bhp! Though i guarantee im faster on a 'Private Track' with 222!

Im gonna dyno, mine, Adam Ts and Mark Ts when im back from holiday...... Ill report back... :)

i want a 251bhp NA:(

i got 247bhp (this is under what i estimated) with lightened pulleys, hks induction kit, full ss 3" exhaust with cat by pass and hks iridium plugs, i think thats under really but jody told me they dont make any difference, im not so sure. i am super chipping and mapping mine and will see what it does on my local rollin road :)