The mkiv Supra Owners Club

THE Do-Luck Supra is coming to the UK!

Sumo Power

Finally an update on this.

She's on her way...picture taken ( dirty from the road trip to the dock ) prior to loading her in our container ( with the suspension raised to get in the box & bonnet open) :

http://sumopictures.sumopower.com/dolucksupra.jpg

Due to arrive soon, those who are interested you'll be able to see her at JAE for the first time as she arrives just before the show.

I had Mr Ito do a few things to her prior to shipping, she was auto, had her changed to manual, changed the T51 Kai for an HKS T04Z instead, dyno'd 1.2bar of boost, F Con V Pro etc 560hp which is enough for the road.

Cant wait to get her registered and on the road. :eyebrows:

Andy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI,

Yes its staying here, we bought it ( first for us to buy a car thats already been produced by someone else - due to time ) from Mr Ito in the end and will be registering it asap for use on the road.

Couple more pictures from the container loading :

The back end :

http://sumopictures.sumopower.com/dolucksupraback

Inside pic ( I'll be ditching the steering wheel ) :

http://sumopictures.sumopower.com/dolucksuprainside

Why T51 - T04Z ? Lag/powerband. Its a street car and I wanted a larger powerband with limited RPM, i.e I havent got to strangle its RPM to continue the power, lots of power, early and hard is what we did. We used a very small AR for fast spool. It also has a Greddy surge tank now as well as various other things it didnt before as it was just a showcar previously.

Really excited its finally on the way.....

i want to see proper pics when it is lowered please

You and me both :eyebrows:

Fair point on the usable power i guess...

Ive already got a car with a T51, 9500rpm, dont need another :D

Our 3.5l 350Z makes full power / torque by 3600rpm, revs to 6700rpm, lovely to use and no need to squeeze ever bhp possible for the sake of it.

Hard fast long power + Supra = good ;)

Andy

If say this was ever for sale what would it cost to add a second Do-luck show car to a persons collection?? :D

Everything has a price. When its here, come and have a look at it - we dont have any intention to sell it though, but ' eveything has a price '.

I still dont know exactly the condition of the car and how it will be when it arrives, its been sat around for ages, I suspect it needs a good dusting off and a little sort out of a few dated things ( it was made 10 years ago 'ish and done nothing since, apart from its recent engine config changes and setup )

VIN no. ? whats that about,you lost me? :D

Cheers

Andy

Everything has a price. When its here, come and have a look at it - we dont have any intention to sell it though, but ' eveything has a price '.

I still dont know exactly the condition of the car and how it will be when it arrives, its been sat around for ages, I suspect it needs a good dusting off and a little sort out of a few dated things ( it was made 10 years ago 'ish and done nothing since, apart from its recent engine config changes and setup )

VIN no. ? whats that about,you lost me? :D

Cheers

Andy

I emailed you my VIN ages ago. You said you'd check with Japan to verify that my car is actually the do-luck aristo fella. I am just after some spec information rather than having to open stuff up like the diff and the auto box is all. Shame its not going to be ready for JAE I'd love to get a photo of the two do-luck cars together.

Regards Bry K

Hi all,

As the title suggests, the original late Do-Luck Supra is coming to the UK very soon.

This one:

http://www.do-luck.co.uk/images2/jza80late1.jpg

Its spent much of it life at an Autobacs store in Nagoya however after much begging and pleading Mr Ito of Do-Luck has agreed to send the car from Japan for us to use here in Europe.

The car will form part of our promotional plans this year to demonstrate what real Do-Luck parts are about.

Combined with this, we are also currently revising our product range pricing, particularly for the JZA80 which will make the parts not only more readily available but also at a price which is more favourable to the guys which admire Mr Ito's styling of the JZA.

I have also requested that Mr Ito visit us again in the summertime, probably for JAE where he will be here see the various owners clubs, including MKIVSUPRA and to chat to the UK owners etc.

Although known for his Skyline tuning, Mr Ito is a Toyota engine expert, tuning many household name cars in Japan, so its a conversation worth striking up with him when he arrives if you get the chance.

We will make the car road legal and take it to various events this year as road car.

It should be here around the end of April, Mr Ito is just updating some things so it arrives with what he calls 'normal easy power' - 500bhp.

Mr Ito is keen to meet as many Supra owners as possible when he does come back to the UK, maybe we can look at getting a session arranged for MKIV members to talk to him when he comes over if there is interest?

He is already an overseas member of the GTR club, recently the GTROC visited Japan for the TAS and we also arranged for them to go to Mr Ito due to his relationship with the club, maybe if the MKIV are interested, we can get a closer relationship organised along the same lines.

Cheers

Andy

Congratulations, I buy my front and rear bumper for my supra demo car from you do you remember :)