The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gregsupra's Twin GT45 install

gregsupra4

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow looks like your making really good progress! This might be a stupid question but here goes anyway :D will this car be driven on the road at any point?

Sadly Rob it will not be for the road although I do not rule out the Odd trade plate run down to the Ace Cafe:d

Shame we cant work out a way to run three tubbies, would no doubt look good but I am sure would run like a dog if at all:)

Hope to put up some pics of the new loom tommorw.

Sadly Rob it will not be for the road although I do not rule out the Odd trade plate run down to the Ace Cafe:d

Shame we cant work out a way to run three tubbies, would no doubt look good but I am sure would run like a dog if at all:)

Hope to put up some pics of the new loom tommorw.

Would love to see it on the road that would be amazing!

PS i think were going to have to talk about that engine rebuild again at some point soon :)

Guest supraad

hello greg its adam and keith with the mk3. very impressed with what u and everyone are doing at turbofit. its looking mental and cant wate to see it. hope it all goes well,were cya soon....we need sum boost !!!!!!!!!!

Cant belive your car is going to be finished on mine (note: due to parts not turbofit)

To be honest John I am very frustrated by the fact that both yours and my parts have still not arrived from Dusty.

Like yours these parts are vital to us in enabling the car to be put together before the may meet.

As it is we are now up against the wall as a number of other parts from USA suppliers are also somewhere between Us Customs and UK customs.

It is more likely that my car will not now be ready until the June meet as our customers cars come first and mine takes a back seat.

I had set aside the next 4 sundays to try and do the work but no parts = no work.:(

All in all it would have been quicker and proberly cheaper to have jumped on a plane and picked them up in person.

Is that a Dusty thang or a general postal thang causing the delay? I'm looking at getting some stuff from him y'see :)

-Ian

To be honest Ian we have always had goods from Dusty within 3 days's of them being ordered (Providing they are in stock)

All in all his service and shipping has been 1st class, in this instance however I do believe it is down to Customs.

If my post has been mis-read at no point have I any complaints against Dusty.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick one.

Change of plan due to time, we are now going to be running 2 x Greddy T88s TO4Ds.

The adaptor plate is now on the box and the convertor is being machined to fit the stock flex plate.

Boot floor and stock tank have now been removed and plated and fuel cell in mock up position.

Touch and go for May meet.

More info and picutres soon:)

BOX COMPLETE.JPG

BOX WITH ADAPTOR.JPG

FUEL CEEL.JPG