The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TOTB July 2007

Chiefgroover

You wanna see MY local roads, I try not to travel them in a supra!

lol... Good point - I conceed - done the Dublin to Dingle penninsular runin the surfing van a few times and it's not for the squemish. I didn't think you could die by hitting potholes, but I do now.

Lovely country though, and people! Got done by a garda with a laser gun doing 105 in a TDI transporter.. he was less than impressed but a very nice chap - got the feeling he was going to buy me a pint with my fine revenue...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Auto's are certainly the way forward for Supra Drag car's, just don't think I can bring myself to convert mine!;)

Elvington does not have the kindest surface for drag racing RWD cars but I will give it another go this year if possible. Hopefully I will at least finish a run in anger this year! Tyre choice could be a problem, I will have to start experimenting with a few options at some of the warm up events at Elvington.

Kevin

My car car was only around 500hp for the 10.6 last year. With all the big power cars nearly ready its going to be hard to get a place!

lol... Good point - I conceed - done the Dublin to Dingle penninsular runin the surfing van a few times and it's not for the squemish. I didn't think you could die by hitting potholes, but I do now.

Lovely country though, and people! Got done by a garda with a laser gun doing 105 in a TDI transporter.. he was less than impressed but a very nice chap - got the feeling he was going to buy me a pint with my fine revenue...

Most of the north is better, but in my area everything is patched, or the usual summer spray tar and throw stones over it. The excuse is lack of budget from Mr Blair, and the quality of road repair is awful.

Have to say the south has one mighty fine private test track between Dublin and the Border lol.

a gt35r should fly,good all rounder.a lot of people going with gt35r turbos.been in eyefi`s car at 1bar and was great.he mapped it to 1.4bar now.and traction on his car is something i never seen before.stuck to road like glue.

suppose when new times start coming in it will see who will be up there.

the build up to event is good

I'd like to run again. I'm unlikely to go single before the event unless I see an unexpected cash influx, but will likely be running a MAP2 ECU as well as the GReddy 3-Row and line lock already fitted since the last event. Last time round saw a 12.51 @ 109MPH I think it was, so this time I'll be aiming for 11's, depending on what tyres we can use - I'd like to use the BFG's I did previously.

This time though, I'll likely spend more time on the handling circuit as I also now have decent brakes and enjoy track work :)

My spec is BPU+ with BL tranny, PI 4k stall TC, Titan / Hurst line lock & TRD LSD.

Cheers,

Brian.

Bobbeh and Alex.

the 17th and 18 of feb are open days at santapod. If I go i'll going up to map the car at higher boost as I'm only running 1.2 since having the the work done on my car.

Would it be a good idea to get a few cars up (weather permitting) and start getting some times in.

It's down to the owners but right now a healthy car that's run a 10.6 is first on the list IMO.

amen

It doesn't seem that it'll be a problem that you'll be on that list robbie 10.6 @1.2 bar :blink: and more to come :) :cool: awesome is all i can say and roll on low 10's by the looks and maybe on to 9's your already getting close to having the quickest privateer owned jap car i know of :cool:

amen

It doesn't seem that it'll be a problem that you'll be on that list robbie 10.6 @1.2 bar :blink: and more to come :) :cool: awesome is all i can say and roll on low 10's by the looks and maybe on to 9's your already getting close to having the quickest privateer owned jap car i know of :cool:

It was actually 1.5 peak dropping to 1.43 :innocent: .

At the moment it looks like i'm up nearly 25 whp on the wastegate (.97 bar) from my old setup, with positive boost at lower revs. If this equates to improved times on the strip At 1.4/5bar I'll be chuffed to bits.:D

If I do get to go to pod I'll probably be running 1.2/3 bar at the most!

• 2 months later...

I'll be up for a go at it this year.

The car should be finished being built in the next few weeks then will have a few test days at crail so will know what times its capable of.

hoping to slide into the 10's with the set up..just need to get all the likely wee bugs out the system.

Cheers

G