The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TOTB July 2007

Chiefgroover

It's going to be interesting to see how the door-slammers do at this event, the 2000bhp Victor has already asked to go as he meets the rules and is willing to do the handling and maybe the top speed run.

Im not well up on the door slammers, but arent they usually tubbed out to run serious drag tyres (albeit road legal)? And they run special rear axles and stuff? Thats outside the rules as CRD got picked off for it last year. And this year I believe they are banning certain types of drag radials. The writing is on the wall for RWD cars.

Its now more of a 'weekend' for me and 'friends of vortex and phoenix', the saturday night is more fun than the Sunday.

JB

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the contest curry is quite something...

Im afraid curry has been banned from all future events, primarily because Terry and Secondjump got serious galloping goosberries from it and secondly because the only indian restaurant in the town we stay in wont let us back in after we turned the restaurant in to a yobfest. So its back to Chinese this year.

JB

Are you going to have all your kit on for this Mark?

LOL as if mate

be a long time before i fit single.be happy on stock turbos to be honest with nos and new box

there plenty of single turbos out there.

eyefis gt3tr is good sticks to road like glue.plenty of others out there too.should be a good year i bet

what about you?

does any of this involve betting and curry
Yep :D

One of the Phoenix boys was saying how he could eat the hottest curry on the menu. So we had a little wager.

After he'd ordered I made an excuse about going to the bog but actually went and had a word with the waiter and bribed him to make the curry rather spicier than our friend was expecting. :sly:

The poor guy was sweating like a pig after a few minutes eating. He made a good attempt at it to be fair but he left about half of it.

Just got this from Chris Mann:

to all

We are preparing the press/web announcements for this years event and wish to include all confirmed clubs/groups who have already taken part in TOTB before, plus new clubs, within the announcements. We are also starting to look at team space allocations, as previously mentioned the new clubs who have come forward may be restricted initially to less than ten places until arrangements are finalised.

therefore can all clubs and groups initially please reply back with confirmation of their team entry for 2007 plus the team reps name + contact mobile no before the end of this weekend, and we can take it from there.

So - who's it going to be then! :D

Gaz.

Yeah but no but . . .

IT WAS TWENTY QUID!

Jake, I owe you twenty quid too matey.. Terry did that car up to the hilt for that event.... one Jake'o special curry later and it didn't even touch the tarmac. Then he sold it to me without ever being used in anger!

Im not well up on the door slammers, but arent they usually tubbed out to run serious drag tyres (albeit road legal)? And they run special rear axles and stuff? Thats outside the rules as CRD got picked off for it last year. And this year I believe they are banning certain types of drag radials. The writing is on the wall for RWD cars.

Its now more of a 'weekend' for me and 'friends of vortex and phoenix', the saturday night is more fun than the Sunday.

JB

You're thinking of pro-mods iirc. Remember a mustang has a live axel as stock.

I am sure Terry could fix you up with a GT4088R!

I had him take it off!! I'd need to do a testicle transplant too..

I'm sure it would be good for big roads - but I rarely get the chance to use such a big tubbie - the 35 is fine up to 100mph, even with a trd diff I struggle for traction in all but the dry summer months.

Try your car on my local roads..:eyebrows:

it's 1000, 2000, 3000, 3500.......:bang: cue explosions and broken spings...

I'll be down for this for sure, and ready to pm or email the person that needs my details i should be around 650-700bhp i'll be getting alot more on the car before the event is upon us but i'd guess at me hitting around 700bhp but with very usable power for a good overall showing for all the parts of the event.