The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TOTB July 2007

Chiefgroover

We would like to have a go I am sure we can get the 1/4 time down, we can run up to 850 rwhp @2 bar and 8000 + rpm I think we can take most cars on at top speed runs. Our car is not a drag car but it is a good all rounder.

Once I have an uprated propshaft fitted I can run full power this will be done soon.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Auto's are certainly the way forward for Supra Drag car's, just don't think I can bring myself to convert mine!;)

Elvington does not have the kindest surface for drag racing RWD cars but I will give it another go this year if possible. Hopefully I will at least finish a run in anger this year! Tyre choice could be a problem, I will have to start experimenting with a few options at some of the warm up events at Elvington.

Kevin

Does anyone know when the Elvington events are on? Is the scooby shoot on 27/5/07 and top speed day on 8/7/07 open to rwyb?

After the nonsense posted about tyres I remembered to upload this update to the regs. The tyre choices allowed are detailed at the bottom of page 1 and it's a fair selection.

So we have Envy and Steve with a currently working car, and Gruggs with one in bits. Anyone else up for (and flush enough for) the challenge? ;)

-Ian

Redline TOTB6 Rules_regs update.doc

No wrinkle wall drag tyres/slicks will be allowed for road class cars at TOTB

Tyres with zigzag 2 band type tread patterns are prohibited for those classes. i.e. Mickey Thompson ET Street or Hoosiers or other DOT drag tyres. Any car using the above will be moved into pro-drag class immediately.[/Quote]

I think that's very fair - it's about time there was a distinction between wrinkle wall drag tyres like the MT ET Streets and softer compound track tyres that are still 'normal' as far as construction and tread pattern goes.

Acceptable tyre types for road classes- in general any road tyre that is E-Marked is allowed including any tyre on the current MSA lists 1a and 1b.

The following specific DOT marked trackday type tyres are also allowed:

Nitto 555’s, Toyo 888s, Dunlop D01J and DZ02G, Yokohama Advan A048rs, BF Goodrich Comp TA, Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials (similar to Nitto 555s with full tread pattern, please note the clear distinction between the two types of MT tyres).[/Quote]

Again that's spot on - the BFG Comp TA's are really just a soft compound track tyre despite their confusing drag oriented name.

Cheers,

Brian.

After the nonsense posted about tyres I remembered to upload this update to the regs. The tyre choices allowed are detailed at the bottom of page 1 and it's a fair selection.

So we have Envy and Steve with a currently working car, and Gruggs with one in bits. Anyone else up for (and flush enough for) the challenge? ;)

-Ian

Car should be on the road in about 2 weeks and i'll hopefully manage my first runs at crail on 13th May so should have an idea for times then. :D

Cheers

G

my first runs at crail on 13th May so should have an idea for times then. :D

Cheers

G

Want a race big man :eyebrows: (Assuming my new BL tranny core is built / shipped and we've fitted it by then).

Always fun to go up against more powerful cars like yours :)

Cheers,

Brian.

No probs mate - always happy to slap young whipper snappers back into place!! :D :d :p :p

The car is getting set on fire if it dont run 10's so bring some matches with you and some petrol and you can help. :D

Was hoping to use the day to try and see what needs altered on the set up etc so jump in the car for a few runs and we can see what we think.

Cheers

G

No probs mate - always happy to slap young whipper snappers back into place!! :D :d :p :p

The car is getting set on fire if it dont run 10's so bring some matches with you and some petrol and you can help. :D

Was hoping to use the day to try and see what needs altered on the set up etc so jump in the car for a few runs and we can see what we think.

Cheers

G

K m8 sounds like fun - if it means another strong performer for the club in TOTB I'll help any way I can :)

Cheers,

Brian.