stubby aerials

Andyhannah

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gary I'm just waiting on Carlos or someone to confirm the dimensions on the drawing in my earlier post are correct. After that I can get a quote :)

oops :blush: I just haven't had a moment where I could take everything out of my boot and have a look. I'll get right onto it.

Promise.

I'm guessing it was originally drawn in inches. I've scaled it up to metric and added a couple of dimensions, can someone just confirm that the overall sizes look correct? I also still need a material and thickness.

Will you not need some hole pitches in that drawing or are you just planning on using one hole??

Will you not need some hole pitches in that drawing or are you just planning on using one hole??

I'll be sending the laser cutter a dxf, that drawing is just to get confirmation that the overall sizes are correct. I'm 99% sure the dxf I was first sent was in imperial so I've just scaled it up :)

I'll be sending the laser cutter a dxf, that drawing is just to get confirmation that the overall sizes are correct. I'm 99% sure the dxf I was first sent was in imperial so I've just scaled it up :)

If you need a one-off tester machining up I could do that for you.

Right then. Tomorrow morning I'll be at my mums and I'll have my car with me. I'll get the bracket out and photo it or measure it or whatever.

I'd do it now but due to the shithole of an area where I live with my gf, I have to park my car up at her brother-in-laws house and get picked up by her every night, then dropped off in the morning with the kids :shrug:

So I don't have my car with me except during working hours.. when I'm usually working.

If you need a one-off tester machining up I could do that for you.

That might be a good idea before I get a load cut. I don't know the history behind the original drawing, but if it came from the guy who supplied Carlos then it should be right, I hope :)

Burna will not let us all down he just wouldn't :D

You know it's true ;)

I was hoping to get them done free as a favour by the people who make the laser cutters but the quantities a little high for a sneaky job :rolleyes: Although we've just wangled a brand new pressbrake out of them for free, so I suggested they throw a laser cutter my way too to make a matching pair :innocent: They said no lol :D

Plenty of other places around here that I can go to for a cheap quote, so you will have them soon enough :)

That might be a good idea before I get a load cut. I don't know the history behind the original drawing, but if it came from the guy who supplied Carlos then it should be right, I hope :)

The ones that I posted in my POST40 are the ones from Mike; the guy that supplied Carlos with the prototype.

Keep me posted - I am a year older now and still no signs of these units....finally seems like we are making some progress.

Right guys.

Pictures first. Shit quality as usual. As you can see, it's more of a strap than a bracket. All it does really is help to angle the aerial a little bit, and of course help keep it in place. It's very thin, say 1mm thick, and bendy. You can see where the paint flaked off as soon as I bent it.

You can also see that only the second to last hole is required for the Supra.

The piece is exactly 15mm wide. Hopefully this measurement will agree with your CAD drawings so that you can go ahead and have them made.

edit: just checked your diagram, and it says 15.2mm, so that sounds good to me :thumbs:

I notice you have no measurement for the square hole at the top which the unit itself screws into. Is this a problem?

http://www2.css-networks.com/bracket/1.jpg

http://www2.css-networks.com/bracket/2.jpg

Great stuff Carlos :thumbs: So we all agree to go with 1mm thick material then?

I have all the other dimensions Carlos as it's a dxf. What I suggest is that we omit the other holes and just keep the bottom three, less holes means less laser cutting means less cost ;)

Just going to make a call now :)

They're about £40..

hi carlos so where did you get your aerial from?

cheers baldy

From the guy over in the USA who'll hopefully be supplying these ones..

The bracket is being done separately over here though hopefully thanks to Burna.