Andyhannah

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hows these Stubbies coming along dude?

In original thread I thought we'd got as for as Prototype to finished product was nearing completion waiting on bracket mods a little while back, think the threads now only printable format, don't wanna miss out on this after waiting soooooooo long!:search:

Hows these Stubbies coming along dude?

In original thread I thought we'd got as for as Prototype to finished product was nearing completion waiting on bracket mods a little while back, think the threads now only printable format, don't wanna miss out on this after waiting soooooooo long!:search:

It looks like the guy who was working the kit out, after getting a prototype to me has erm, not got any further with offering the finished kit :(

Can we get the template from him and have it cut here? Even if he supplies the rest of it and we can commission the laser cutting?

sounds like an idea that I can propose to him.

Do we have someone that can help us with laser cutting

what about Mark (recent Bezel groupbuy) ??

Can we get the template from him and have it cut here? Even if he supplies the rest of it and we can commission the laser cutting?

That's sounding like a good idea Lewis. If he's not able to give a template, but is still happy to supply the rest of the kit, then I could remove the bracket from mine for copying or whatever. I think he would have a template though.

That does look perfect, how much did the Proto end up costing, was it an Aerial kit originally intended for use on another vehicle that he was adapting to fit a Supra MKIV?

The final price of the finished thing was going to be about £40. The prototype was a little bit less, but then it almost didn't fit. I had to warm the grommet up in hot water and push it in from below. This means the fit is really tight though which I like - no water ingress (I hope.. ;) )

Cowards. I think more people would have one if one was currently available. Maybe not 500 of us tho! Real shame. I'll just carry on with the disconnected aerial (no popping up every time my head unit's on) and listen to the music I want (ipod), I suppose.

Thank you very much for trying. If you can't get them, I wonder if anyone can.

Edit: Carlos, my friend, any chance of you getting something rolling again?!

• 2 weeks later...

I mailed Mike again on .. Friday. Reply at the bottom.

Hi Mike. The guys are getting desperate :)

How are you anyway?

We've been thinking, and we reckon we can get suitable brackets made over

here. Would you still be able to supply the rest of the kit, i.e. the aerial

and grommet as supplied to me?

Thanks,

Carl

Yes everything else is available. I am going to make the bracket designs available, I was suppose to have them Friday but the file seems to be corrupt so I am going to make a new DXF from the original designs this Sunday.

Thank you,

Mike Lough

The problem then of course would be finding someone to cut the bracket.

The bracket doesn't need to be half as intricate as the original. I will point out the two holes that are needed, and then apart from that it could just be a straight piece of metal.

I *might* be able to get these brackets lasered for you lot. Made a phone call today and hopefully something will come of it, if not there's a few other people I can talk to :) Send me the dxf when you get it and also what material and thickness you want. Are there any folds that need pressbraking or is it just flat?

I'm interested in changing my aerial but only like the merc sl one as pictured below. If someone knows how to adapt one of those it would be great :)

2004-Mercedes-Benz-SL-65-AMG-RA-Winding-Road-1600x1200.jpg

I *might* be able to get these brackets lasered for you lot. Made a phone call today and hopefully something will come of it, if not there's a few other people I can talk to :) Send me the dxf when you get it and also what material and thickness you want. Are there any folds that need pressbraking or is it just flat?

I'm interested in changing my aerial but only like the merc sl one as pictured below. If someone knows how to adapt one of those it would be great :)

these look very good,but i wonder what the reception would be like ?

Ok Imi I'll wait to see what he says as I don't want to get these wrong :)

How many do you want?

Sounds good.

If we can get the bracket made, then we need to simply get the rest either from Mike or from someone else. I will speak to Mike to see what he can provide.

How many brackets do you NEED to make.

10 / 20 / 30 - 60

Regards