The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R.I.P supe

bridlea

Guest StevenSheen

I saw that car on Autotrader a couple weeks ago I think...I wanted it but was a little over my budget....seeing as my car is currently costing me 2k to put right thanks to Nasty Nick I should have just rebudgeted....lol :blink:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Admiral and elephant are the same company basically so if were saying Admiral dont then neither will elephant.....However that begs the question why on the elephant website it asks you if the car is modified?

I told them about the bodykit and alloys and it raised my premium by £70.00 quid so I would assume they will cover you for mods at an agreed value as long as you specified the mods at the time of getting the quote and policy.

Charging higher premiums for mods and actually covering mods in the insurance are separate things.

Premiums are largely calculated from the statistical likelihood of you having an accident or your car blowing up or getting stolen. All the questions they ask about the type of car, mods, parking location, milage, etc. are all just to help calculate the odds of you having an accident. The actual value of the car and the mods has little bearing on your premium.

I think you'll find that modified cars are statistically more likely

to end up incurring insurance claims - and it doesn't matter whether the insurance company pays out to cover the mods or not, they'll still be out of pocket, so they'll still look to charge you more on your premiums.

Sorry to hear about the car bridlea - I don't think Elephant cover mods OR do agreed value? In which case you can probably expect a big argument. :(