bridlea

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest subfocus
Glad you're OK! My worst nightmare this is, wait 2 months for the dream car I've wanted for ages and then this could happen!

2 months? More like 12, this kinda thing gives me nightmares.

Its always nasty seeing a supra like that, but sounds like your pretty lucky to walk away.

So sorry for you matey, I remember seeing that supra before on this site and thinking its a particularly nice example. Make sure you get what you deserve for it from the insurance.

Like other people have said, at least your still here to tell the tale, sounds like you had a close shave.

And despite how nice the car was, there are more cars out there, and soon enough, you'll have the opportunity to get another.

Sorry to hear this mate, sounds like a very lucky escape though.

You're not the first to wipe out this winter and you won't be the last.

I'm sorry to say that Elephant are complete b*stards when it comes to paying out. Make sure you have EVERY last mod declared on your insurance or it will be invalidated. They also will not pay like-for-like for mods or consider them in the cars final value - its black book price and that’s it. Don't be surprised it their first offer is £3.5-4k, it could take some fighting to a trade value for it.

After you reject their first offer they will likely ask for examples of similar cars. If you need a written valuation from the Supra Owners club send a PM to any one of the mods, these can always help in claims.

Guest gzaerojon

really sorry to read this mate :( i hope you're ok, i know it was your dream car but end of the day it can be replaced.

hope the insurance bit goes well for you :)

chin up

Geez!!! it's my cars twin bar the side skirts!!

Same colour, do-luck front, same style wheels.

Glad your ok, I had similar thing last year and 3 months later got another Supra.

Hope you sort things!

If you sneak any bits of the car before insurance pays out I take the electric folding mirrors :)

thanks for all the messages, just had all the claim forms through [sAD][/sAD]

car gets picked up today to go to the insurance companys recovery firm so hopefully will hear something soon:rolleyes: bit worried whats been said about my insurance firm though!

I have been through the insurance payout on a supra thing, so if you need any help, p.m. me, and i'll advise how to get the best price out of them.

When i had it there were no issues. Ensign coughed up 5k for the NA with the first offer. Good work i thought as i was prepared for abattle. did send a mass of service reciepts etc to them though.

Still not sure how a diesel spill caused a spin when you were travelling in a straightline but glad you are ok. Shame you can't claim off the person who hit you as it looks like the damage was already done by then. :/

m.

Guest GirlRacer!
Don't be surprised it their first offer is £3.5-4k

OMG! I can't believe the insurers might offer something like that for such a gorgeous TT?!?!?!?!?!:blink: How could they argue that was its value - mad!!!! :(

Hopefully they'll give you a fair price mate, good luck...

I can't believe those pics :( it looked like a really beautiful car. At least you're ok though, sounds like it could've been so much worse.

No way im gutted....!! Ive been checking the forum every now and then to see how you’ve been getting on with my lil baby, making sure everything’s going ok. Cant believe she’s a right off. Its awful seeing it in that sate, I actually felt a little choked up seeing the pics. :(

Really glad your ok though mate.! You had a lucky escape by the sounds of things... You must be devastated, I am and I don’t even own her any more. Its a real shame though, this time of year isn't the best time to be driving around in a sup, there twitchy at the best of times.!

Fingers crossed bud with the insurance company, hope they give you back what she’s worth..! Always quick to take your money but never so quick to pay out.

Sorry again mate.

I am really sorry to see this but glad that you came out OK. To put an even bigger downer on things (if that is possible), a friend of mine is currently fighting with Direct Line over a claim for a 1994 TT 6 speed. They have offered £7600 - final offer! He has now had to refer it to the ombudsman to try and get it increased. :(