Mini-meet, Sat 17th Feb

SteveR

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol I sure wouldn't pass an MOT that's for sure, I think I'd fail on emissions and my AFR would need looking at (Alcohol Food Ratio) :D

I'm quietly confident the car will sail through as I've replaced dam near everything :) I'll let you know.

You can't drive anyway, so it's best you stay away from the bendy bits we'll be going on, for your own good & so we're not constantly waiting for you ;)

Sticks and stones :p Now where's that ignore function? :D

Have a good time all of you and more importantly all come home safe :)

P.S. All be nice to Steve please, I consider him my special friend ;) To keep him calm just pat him on the head and say "Yes Steve, of course you are a driving god" :D

You can't drive anyway, so it's best you stay away from the bendy bits we'll be going on, for your own good & so we're not constantly waiting for you ;)

Jo can - she goes like a woman possessed! After the last meet I was gently cruising at 70mph on the M5 when I see these headlights in the distance behind me....get much closer very quickly.. who was it? Jo driving Bernard.

There he was sat in the passenger seat grinning like a fool making cowboy riding a horse type motions and fake whipping Jo in the driving seat. I could hear the "Yea Haawwws" from the inside lane above the stereo as they sped off into the sunset.

:rlol: Yeeeeehaaaaaaw! Jo was determind to catch you up mate :blink: She loves it.

She did the same to all the Japworcs lot on the way back to Ste's house from a summer meet. I was passenger in a mates Skyline when he says "Here comes Jo!" before i had chance to turn around the car was just a black blur as it shot pass us all :faint:

Very strange feeling watching your own car do that but there's nothing sexier than seeing a woman drive a Supra ;)

Nice pics. Discrimination going on though with all the silver :D Some nice scenery would have liked to come but i couldnt get any tyres sorted out and my rears are almost bald now. Id be up for something like this though as pete says in the warmer months. good job though steve getting it all arranged :)

Will upload our photos ASAP but I (we) thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will definitely organise a similar event in the next few months, maybe a couple of times....

Nice pics Gavin :) I don't actually recognise some of the roads/shots you've taken, which is odd!! :D

All you ladies that didn't make it out this time need to come out next time. :p

Commiserations to Max :( I am really gutted for you.... :(

Overall, I loved the day out (I hope Belly, Andy, Carl & Severnman did, too), and hopefully its taught me a lot about organising group events. Next time I want 100 cars ;)

Photos to follow....

P.S. Racing (and beating) bikes, is fun :D

Here are a few of my/Kate's pics.

Carl - where are your pics?? You seemed to have the beefiest looking camera??

The weather stayed dry, so the roads were fantastic (IMHO) and I had a very 'spirited drive' tussle with a motorbike - it was amazing - it's moments like that you know what being alive is and what driving is all about. I did have to remind myself I was still on public roads! :innocent: If you're out there mr mentalist motorbike rider man, I hope you didn't mind losing! :D

The mist spoiled the pictures slightly, well, that's my excuse for planning to run the trip again in the Summer.... ;)

Thanks to all those who came and showed an interest. As always it was great to meet new faces and see those I already knew, again. I didn't want the numbers to be massive (hence "mini-meet") as I wanted to see how organising one of these events would go, without letting anyone down. I was pretty pleased with the result - hopefully everyone enjoyed themselves - and I now have a few ideas on how to improve it further, and make it more accessible for more people to come next time. Watch this space.... ;)

Hairpin.jpg

14---Hills-1.jpg

13---Reservoir-5.jpg

Oooohh, my black one would look so evil next to those 'goody' boy silver sups! Ha, ha. :)

You'll have to come out to play next time then :p

just wanted to say thanks to steve for organising this drive out to the brecons very well organised and loads of nice fast and bendy roads and will defo be doing it again. ;)

Cheers Andy :) I'll give you a shout whenever I fancy a re-run. The M50 bit with you was especially enjoyable :innocent:

So that you've got it in writing.... your NA (...is no TT ;)...) but it's pretty dammed swift!! :clap:

Got any pics??