The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dudes being dissed

dude

Mmm - quote from Alex H (who is a 'moderator' on the other forum)

''This isn't the first time I've heard someone say they were not 100% impressed with Dude's work - this was someone totally independent - however as I'm the one giving you this news I'm sure it's going to be seen as a stinging attack on his work. This 3rd party has said they wouldn't use Dude. But to err is human, Dude can make mistakes and if the only time you view someones work it isn't his best then you're going to instantly form an opinion which is negative. Sh1t happens. Personally I wouldn't know cause I'm not expert on paint..lol..I bought a Supra that had such a bad re-spray on it, it came off...hmmm I bought it from the Bornemouth area - that's near brighton innit? lol - joking I have no idea which cowboy sprayed it''

Just please explain to me exactly what this comment added to the thread Alex except to make you look a right dick?

Typical fecking keyboard terrorist again - no facts / no nothing - just trial by innuendo!

I suggest you grow up sonny - stop blaming the rest of the world for nicking your lunch money and getting flicked in the showers and bugger off back to your saddo moderators in the tumbleweed section

Dude earns his living through his bodyshop and tuning business - you have no right to post up defamations of his workmanship or character

He has proved his abilities time and time again - you on the other hand...

:twak:

Nicely picked up Paul and Matt.

Everyone can make mistakes, its how they are responded to that counts.

I have never had anything done with Dude or Paul yet...but I have not yet met anyone who is unhappy with either parties, and believe me we all talk at meets, word does get round if things fook up, but only if the siad parties havent responded and offered to put things right, if the customer is continuesly avoided i.e not called back or whatever over a lengthy period of time I count this as that too.

I know for instance that anything that I'm not happy with if I have it done at Matts will be attended to if I go back and he wont charge twice for a job that hes done wrong...that kind of service inspires confidence, and I know from what I have heared that can be said of Dude and Paul E.

Its a shame that Martin F and Emma, have alianated themselves, Martin was one of the first to attack me when I had some work done last year that I wasn't happy about with a Tuning company, it seems odd that they are attacking the very people that do keep their customers happy and value them too.

Life is too short, and it would be nice if we could 'ALL' let bygones be bygones and maybe all share the same boards again.

My personal feelings (if they count) are that it was obvious when I joined the BBS that there was a lot of Traders/Tuners etc doing excellent jobs for each other but not for Independent full paying customers, that seems to have improved a bit but still has to improve more!

Peace

Si

:cool:

Oh, and just to add, I'm happy with Dudes work :) But he's not a miracle worker, and won't be able to please everyone. But I know John well enough to say that if someone wasn't happy with something he'd done, I'm sure he'd try to do something about it.

[/size] [/b]

My feelings exactly, just for the record I'm perfectly happy with his work too. :)

Originally posted by Paul E

Mmm - quote from Alex H (who is a 'moderator' on the other forum)

''This isn't the first time I've heard someone say they were not 100% impressed with Dude's work - this was someone totally independent - however as I'm the one giving you this news I'm sure it's going to be seen as a stinging attack on his work. This 3rd party has said they wouldn't use Dude. But to err is human, Dude can make mistakes and if the only time you view someones work it isn't his best then you're going to instantly form an opinion which is negative. Sh1t happens. Personally I wouldn't know cause I'm not expert on paint..lol..I bought a Supra that had such a bad re-spray on it, it came off...hmmm I bought it from the Bornemouth area - that's near brighton innit? lol - joking I have no idea which cowboy sprayed it''

Just please explain to me exactly what this comment added to the thread Alex except to make you look a right dick?

Typical fecking keyboard terrorist again - no facts / no nothing - just trial by innuendo!

I suggest you grow up sonny - stop blaming the rest of the world for nicking your lunch money and getting flicked in the showers and bugger off back to your saddo moderators in the tumbleweed section

Dude earns his living through his bodyshop and tuning business - you have no right to post up defamations of his workmanship or character

He has proved his abilities time and time again - you on the other hand...

Just to wade in here a moment before Alex explodes and adds fuel to the fire, I've gotta say that, reading what Alex said, he made the points:

1) Another person wasn't impressed with Dude's work. This is a fact, I also know of someone who wasn't impressed with Dude's work.

2) Alex points out the to err is human and everyone has bad days, a point Matt made above, and if that's the *only* exposure you had to that person's work you would form a negative opinion. This is also a fact of life.

3) Shit happens - this is also true :)

4) Alex then made a joke about his car paintwork.

So, I can't see any reason for that rather personal attack you just made, Paul. At no point was a defamation of Dude's work or character made.

-Ian

I'd be very suprised if anyone in dudes line of work has never looked at a job and though "damn, i'll have to do that bit again" plus paintwork flaws don't always show immediately, not that i'm suggesting there ever has been any, I wouldn't know. My point is, it's not an easy trade!

Originally posted by Wez

Its like walking into a womens prison at the wrong time of the month.

:p

As long as it's not a description of the shade of paint used on his car. :conf:

Can we stop this now please? It's all a bit old. I use both forums, and get along happily on either - probably because I don't get involved in this kind of stuff.

If anyone want's a "victory" out of this situation, then IMHO the best way would be to not take the bait next time something like this crops up.

Here endeth my one and only comment on the matter.

Don’t you just love hypocrisy!

Originally posted by Martin F - Not from this BBS

On this forum there has been no personal attacks or characeter assasinations. Can't say the same for the BBS that your quoted painter frequents.

Just un-subtle hints about people. But not mentioning names makes it alright :innocent:

Maybe it's the same person Ian - maybe it isn't...

No one is perfect...

My point is that Alex goes wading in specifically identifying (or rather not identifying) 'A person' who was not impressed with his work' in a vain attempt to excuse an attack on his work by thunder thighs

This is defamation of a man's livlihood - and a dafamation undertaken without only one possible reason

This is not because HE has an axe to grind - no reason for HIM to complain - but that he has 'HEARD' that a person wasn't happy...

Which by some strange coincidence happens to coincide with an opinion of his friends on another board...a BBS he left this one for with a 'up yours'...

Why make the post in the first place?

As I said - keyboard terrorism...

Originally posted by Darren Blake

Can we stop this now please? It's all a bit old. I use both forums, and get along happily on either - probably because I don't get involved in this kind of stuff.

If anyone want's a "victory" out of this situation, then IMHO the best way would be to not take the bait next time something like this crops up.

Here endeth my one and only comment on the matter.

Despite my previous comments, I agree. And I'll try not to rise to it again.

Originally posted by Paul E

Maybe it's the same person Ian - maybe it isn't...

No one is perfect...

My point is that Alex goes wading in specifically identifying (or rather not identifying) 'A person' who was not impressed with his work' in a vain attempt to excuse an attack on his work by thunder thighs

This is defamation of a man's livlihood - and a dafamation undertaken without only one possible reason

This is not because HE has an axe to grind - no reason for HIM to complain - but that he has 'HEARD' that a person wasn't happy...

Which by some strange coincidence happens to coincide with an opinion of his friends on another board...a BBS he left this one for with a 'up yours'...

Why make the post in the first place?

As I said - keyboard terrorism...

Paul, I don't care if it's the same person or not. I haven't said anything one way or the other because I haven't witnessed Dude's work, barring Matt's yellow paintjob. In fact, Matt himself told me that it had to be resprayed again because the plastic parts ended up a slightly different shade of yellow. That's an example of Dude getting it a bit wrong and then sorting out the problem - perfectly good business practice. If, however, I'd only have seen the slight mismatch and heard that the paintwork was done by Dude I may well have formed a negative opinion, that's life. The whole point is that no-one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes, and it's how you deal with them that counts. This is also the point Alex put across.

You proceeded to put up five direct personal attacks against Alex with very little cause to do so. It's there in this thread. Have a discussion about it, by all means. Defend Dude's work if you feel you have to. But kicking off the way you did really wasn't very constructive and kinda shot your own defense down in flames as you did exactly what you were complaining about :( Things like, live and let live, moving on, not doing personal attacks... C'mon, sport, you're better than that :)

So, let's move on, eh? :)

-Ian

Guest Terry S

Guys just ignore them, they all showed years ago how pathetic they are.

And a few of you should know better than to get involved in this:twak:

Originally posted by Ian C

You proceeded to put up five direct personal attacks against Alex with very little cause to do so. It's there in this thread. Have a discussion about it, by all means. Defend Dude's work if you feel you have to. But kicking off the way you did really wasn't very constructive and kinda shot your own defense down in flames as you did exactly what you were complaining about

So, let's move on, eh? :)

-Ian

You are missing the point Ian...(and I think the patronising key is stuck too!)

The attacks on Alexs' maturity and motivations were deservedly made -

I am sure that you agree that no one has the right to make derogatory and generalist statements regarding a mans livlihood for the sake of point scoring

And there is always the scroll button for everyone else...