The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thanks TurboFit

Gamer

i'm having a physics / heat transfer / gas compression and expansion debate with myself here............so can anyone tell me what a typical ambient temp and resulting intake temp is? is the above a typical drop/difference

i'm struggling a little with the intake temp being significantly lower than the ambient.............

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'm having a physics / heat transfer / gas compression and expansion debate with myself here............so can anyone tell me what a typical ambient temp and resulting intake temp is? is the above a typical drop/difference

i'm struggling a little with the intake temp being significantly lower than the ambient.............

Depends where the intake probe is placed, what intercooler you are running and how good the fans are at the RR.

Jamie, are these figures with the cooling mist water/meth kit you have listed in your garage?

No mate, have not wired it back up yet as no room in the engine bay now for the water tank, i have a big alloy tank im gonna mount in the boot before i go back for the rest of the mapping.

Depends where the intake probe is placed, what intercooler you are running and how good the fans are at the RR.

cheers i'm just struggling to get how a flow of say 20 degrees ambient air can cool anything to below that temp?

Intake air is heated by being compressed and presumable due to going through a hot turbo/piping etc....... then its cooled by the IC..........does it then expand further cooling it?

Intuitively i would expect that the IC would do no better than get the intake air back to as near to the ambient temp as possible?

Looks impressive,

Whats with the major power loss from Fly to wheels, its got you down for 480BHP odd at the wheels and 630BHP odd at the fly i assume.

Have i missed summit?

No idea, mate, it is certainly more than 15% loss, I guess it all depends on how the RR is set up. I assumed that manual losses were around 15% so that should put me at 530ish rwhp if true.

No idea, mate, it is certainly more than 15% loss, I guess it all depends on how the RR is set up. I assumed that manual losses were around 15% so that should put me at 530ish rwhp if true.

530-550 ish is what i would have expected with your set up.

Im sure it's around that TBH, just the way they have it set up i suppose.

It's the other way around the RWHP figure is true...the engine BHP figure is then extrapolated from the engine drag on the run down.

Also the 256 cam is not restricting it. In the US there are quite a few dyno's on stock cams running 550RWHP at 21psi. The T67 certainly doesn't need a 264in to make 580RWHP.

Out of interest which gear was it in for this run?

It's the other way around the RWHP figure is true...the engine BHP figure is then extrapolated from the engine drag on the run down.

Out of interest which gear was it in for this run?

Was just typing the same thing :)

I'd put money on it being run in 4th