• Black
    • Blue
    • Yellow
    • Other

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you be getting full engine and window out respray? If not then I'd stick with either black or a dark grey, as I hate seeing resprayed cars, where the engine bay is left the original colour.

I have not decided yet, and i must say i have to agree with you on the different colour engine bay view. BUT, i do think its different with black cars as the bay seems to go with most colours. The bay on my blue supra was black and that looked fine.

• 2 months later...

Anyone else care to comment on this as im still REALLY undecided! Im so close to having a breakdown!

My views are, black looks sh*t hot when clean, but drive it down the road and its dirty again...plus it doesnt really stand out in a crowd.

Im not so sure about grey really. So that leaves blue (probably bayside) or yellow....

Answers on a postcard please :D

IMO - yellow (also orange & bright green etc) look too much like something out the Fast and the Furious. It's an acquired taste I think and may affect any future sale.

So I'd go for blue if it's a choice between that and yellow, looks really nice on the Sup.

Saying all that though personally i'd stick with black - best colour on the Sup by far. Just take it to the Kosavan car wash and get it jet washed every week for £2 - that's what i did with my Sup. ;)

I think Sean1993 is spot on with what he says about black paintwork!

Lately, I'm really liking the Gunmetal colour on a Supra (or even something like the Aston metallic gunmetals). They just make the car look that little bit more modern. That said, I don't think it works if you have a whacky racers bodykit :D

I really like yellow Supras, so that would be my choice. My car is due in the bodyshop in 2 weeks for full colour change, colour so far is remaining a secret but will be different. Blue is a nice colour on a Supra, but no offence to anyone there is a few of them around now. Best thing to do is sit down with a painter and loads of colour charts and see what you like and what would suit the car. Dark and agressive colour suit a Supra well as do bright "in your face" colours. Or do something different and go 2 tone or something, just no flip paints, they just dont suit the Supra lines in my opinion.

well I voted yellow, just because I couldnt choose - i can understand the dilema that you are in.

It's hard when you see sooo many cars on the road that are the same colours... black/grey/dark colours - or silver. Very rarely do you see any brightly coloured cars, but when you do - it attracts attention.

So, on that note, if you want to be noticed, go for a yellow.

If you don't, I have to follow what some others have said - Gunmetal is a very nice colour. My current car is "Platinum Grey Metallic" - the VAG way of saying Gunmetal (but sounds better ;) )

But again I agree with Nic - enginebay should really match the rest of the car - or perhaps a VERY close colour. Otherwise it looks like cut-corner, and I'm sure the resale value of the car would be lower too.

I think Sean1993 is spot on with what he says about black paintwork!

Lately, I'm really liking the Gunmetal colour on a Supra (or even something like the Aston metallic gunmetals). They just make the car look that little bit more modern. That said, I don't think it works if you have a whacky racers bodykit :D

:yeahthat: I think Homer's spot on there TBH! Saw my car in the dry in the sunlight today and from a distance (works office window) looked so good compared to all the car around it!

Couple of shots of my car from yesterday:

You're getting better, did you use the magnnetic tool thingy and then select replace colour? :)

not that time because its hard to do it like that when the car is black. i make a new layer over the top of the car, then delete all the bits out i dont want to be blue or yellow, like lights windows etc.

if your supes black then id go for an anthracite like a light black metalic,vaux anthracite is a nice colour and the engine bay would look okay left too,i painted a car a while ago in this colour and its like a charcoal black,i loved it.

As many of you know i have just bought another TT6 in black. I am planning on doing a full respray...

but i cant decide which colour to go for. Do i leave it Black, change to Blue like my last one, or go for something different like yellow?

Whats everyones views?

[ATTACH]48441[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]48439[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]48440[/ATTACH]

If you put other, please post which other!

This colour

C90 a.jpg