The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Traders Sig's - Too Big ?

Sharpie

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by SimonB

Yeah, you just need to browse Supraforums to see how annoying sig pictures can be!

Totally agree

Originally posted by Terry S

Totally agree

Seconded!:thumbs:

But I'm still keeping mine - it gives me something to read!:p

In fact I think I will make it longer!

And put up all my hobbies / cars / girlfriends / favourite positions etc....

List all the mods

List all the mods that I want to do

Those I cant afford / those that Fred down the road is doing for me

With a huge pic of the car from front / rear / side etc

C'mon guys - I mean I know @sh (bless him!) went a bit overboard before but this path does then endanger ANY individuality!

:cool:

Well, seeing as the more informed among us have let it be known that the text in the sig does not slow down the loading times etc, all I can say is

Who Gives a Shit?

I mean FFS guys, is it really that much of an issue?

pffft - bits then

and an absolute maximum of 57,600bps (yes I know its higher than rated)

Was simply trying to put it in a way that all would understand, regardless of knowledge on the subject.

and for those not content with that 1kilobyte = 1024bytes, 8bits = 1byte and depending on compression, latency and frequency you can obtain speeds in excess of your "bandwidth" or modem limitation, you can also shotgun your modems to give a theoretical speed of 115,200bps. If you are on a v.92 modem then the above speeds are all accurate, if not then you may only get a speed of ~45-55000bps due to the different standard used by the modem itself and its compression ratio's

Forgive me if my original post confused anyone

Originally posted by Chase

...So, who is the largest/biggest supplier of Supra parts in the UK...and are they the same thing...

:innocent:

Have we got a 'can of worms' smiley :D

We are - I just add all those that Envy is selling to those Paul W has got - add a smattering of Performa and some Vortex spin!

Then off to Miami for a lie down!

That must be about 20,000 lines

All in stock in our warehouse!

:p

Forgot to add that my previous statements were based on standard home-ISP common practice, anyone (like me) billed at the 95%ile may have a burstable pipeline that could boost up to 35gbps on a standard OC256 and that speed/billing on a 95th percentile connection would be based on mean usage and not on minimum/maximum unsustainable rates.

Wouldn't want anybody to feel they had been incorrectly informed now, would I?

the problem with big sigs is the actual size of them, they can be larger than the post somebody is making in some cases.

People tend to get round that by using a much smaller font than normal which is my preference. The traders using BIG fonts seems to be tit-for-tat, if the traders and performance tuners can just check their own sigs and if theres a way to avoid the BIG text please do.

JB