The mkiv Supra Owners Club

This EnvironMentalists thing has me worried

Gazboy

Are you worried about our car residuals  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Are you worried about our car residuals

• Oh yes, our cars will be worth scrap.
    • Nope, can't see anything changing.
    • Ha ha- it's the chavs with EMIC's that'll kill us...

if someone made a car that ran on water with no emmisions they would find a way to tax you on it.its bollocks about saving the planet,they just jumping on green bandwaggon.its a good excuse to get more money out of soft touch motorists.

SPOT ON. :thumbs:

They will tax you per mile.......TAX TAX TAX = Labour at its best.

I dont mind paying extra TAX provided I see them spending the moneys wisely, instead they are so damn corrupt they dont deserve to be breathing the same air as us.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this subject has been winding me up well and truly all day long - repeated on the radio SOOO many times i've been going crackers.

Taxing people more is WRONG! It WILL NOT WORK. Unless the £50 notes the government take line our ozone layer and fill the gaping hole, and planting them in the ground gives us new forests, then it wont WORK!

Taxing people more won't stop them using the less-economical cars/appliances etc - they'll just look for more money with respect to jobs etc to pay for it.

What the government really need to do is to STOP the waste:

1) Stop the throw-away society we live in, and repair old products rather than just stick them in a landfill

2) Stop manufacturers from making standby modes on devices, or at least make them MUCH more economical in this mode

3) Decrease the price of the enegy-saving appliances - such as light bulbs, more economical fridges/freezers etc. People will then buy them as an ALTERNATIVE, not a one-off.

4) Tax should be GLOBAL - if it is to be increased, increase it for EVERY COUNTRY. America pollutes FAR more than the UK - but their fuel prices are under 1/2 what we pay.

And so on....

Its not going to work - because i'm sure the above won't ever change.

We're screwed.

tax the bloody industries.... go to london or any other city at night, you'll see MILLIONS of acres of empty buildings - with EVERY light switched on!! .... what diffrence does my 1 bulb make compared to that :angry:

ALSO LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THE UK TO THE REST OF THE PLANET I DONT THINK THE UK WOULD MAKE MUCH DIFFRENCE IN THE OZONE LAYER THE USA IS THE ONE THEY WANT TO HAVE A GO AT. rant over now thanks for looking.

Isnt the Ozone regenerating OR have they kept that quiet?

Ozone is a whole other issue. This is all about C02 as it traps heat in the atmosphere. Ozone is a protection against the harmful rays of the sun.

I think we should tax farts, its got bugger all to do with CO2 or global warming, but it would generate a fantastic revenue.

While I am on a roll, the 4*4 thing really gets my goat. I need a vehicle that can tow 2000 to 3000 KG's at least once a week, so a 4LV8 Disco means I can do it in comfort. I also have two huge gas tanks on board so it is duel fuel. So all the "you've got a gas guzzler" brigade can stuff it as when on gas I do about the same MPG as a 2L and the MOTable emissions are stupidly low too. I cant wait for the next "we hate all 4*4's" to try slapping one of their ban 4*4 stickers on it. CO2 emissions will be the least of there worries.

You know, in the old days when people didn't like what the powers that be were up to they would march on them and in some cases remove them from power.

Nearly 1,000,000 people marched by Downing Street to protest a war (myself included) and yet they never thought to overwhelm the police and seize Downing Street or Parliament.

Do you think Govt. will take notice of some pissed off sports car owners? No. They know that, at the end of the day, we'll just sit back and take it.

Direct action can work. Time to shake things up?

That is a bit militant for a Monday!

Be careful before suggesting road tolls are a good idea.

In Japan high octane is 66p a litre. Great. But, to drive to the airport (around 75km) on the expressway costs me 15quid each way in tolls. That's more than it costs me in fuel....

It said on the news last night if the UK was 'zero' emmisions, China would make up our deficit in under a year.

Also mentioned by a scientist objecting to Stern's report was that man was responsible for 4% of the worlds co2, of that 4% only 2% is attributed to the UK- 0.02% of the total C02 is down to us, so what's the point? Cash cows.

Fit catalysts to cows & leave drivers alone. (I'm sure there's a slogan in there somewhere?)

Oh, and all politicians are the same - egotistical ba**ards, so changing the party in power won't make any difference... We'll all still be ruled by a load of power crazed butt monkeys.

My 2p worth. :D

Interestingly, you aren't that far off with the cow-catalyst idea. Despite the largely similar diet, the kangaroo does not fart - some kind of bacteria in it's gut apparently. So now geneticists are trying to modify the cow to harbor the same bacteria, thus cutting cow emissions in a single stroke. Cool huh?

It said on the news last night if the UK was 'zero' emmisions, China would make up our deficit in under a year.

Also mentioned by a scientist objecting to Stern's report was that man was responsible for 4% of the worlds co2, of that 4% only 2% is attributed to the UK- 0.02% of the total C02 is down to us, so what's the point? Cash cows.

I saw on the news last night that China is opening a new coal fired power station every 5 days at the moment!

I also read that a single active volcano (note that it doesn't have to be erupting to be active - example, each of the volcanoes around Yellowstone NP) kicks out as much CO2 and SO2 each day as the entire UK motorist population does in a year. So stick that in your pipe, Stern!

Just looked up the 450H:

341 BHP 3.5 ltr V6

0-60 in 5.9 (in a barge)

186 g/kg CO2

35.8 mpg

London conjestion charge does not apply

If people made some performance cars with new hybrid engines, surely that would be OK??

What about the LS600hL with the 5.0l V8 pushing 430+ BHP ?

http://home.btconnect.com/mkivsupra/Paris%20Motor%20Show/target25.html

http://home.btconnect.com/mkivsupra/Paris%20Motor%20Show/target23.html

I saw on the news last night that China is opening a new coal fired power station every 5 days at the moment!

I also read that a single active volcano (note that it doesn't have to be erupting to be active - example, each of the volcanoes around Yellowstone NP) kicks out as much CO2 and SO2 each day as the entire UK motorist population does in a year. So stick that in your pipe, Stern!

FWIW - Yellowstone is just 1 SuperVolcano...only visible from the air using IR cameras and the like.

Bastard Labour shitehawks, 2000 years ago the Romans were growing grape vines as far north as York so it was warmer then, so what has happened to cool it down over the years c02 again i suppose.The warming (if it exists) is a natural cycle, and we are apparently getting nearer to the sun anyway.During the aircraft ban after 9/11 in the USA they measured air temperature and it went up by 1-2 degrees with no aircraft flying(this was the only time they could accurately measure with no air travel), it was called the global dimming effect therefore when planes were flying temp was lower, however they said it would be dangerous to assume this and burn more c02, more likely they shat their selves when they realised this and that it would be difficult to fleece us all.Wouldn't it be good if it went the opposite way and you were taxed for having anything less than 300bhp and petrol was free just to keep the temp down!!!:p

Didn't Mt St Helens release more gas into the atmosphere in 3 months than the entire global automobile output since the birth of the car?