The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Went and Saw another Supra TT today!

SupraKid

He doesn't mention its been crashed repaired for a start. Then he says he blew it up in a month and their is still a switch in the glove box that cranks the boost up. And it needed a new gear box. And all this was at 78000 miles. Bad news i'd say.

when i went to see the car, he was the one that told me about it, i didnt even notice the panel gap!

He seems to be a very careful owner, he ssaid the engine went pop because, he had the boost set on high, and drove around the m25 for quite a long time!

So even though its cheap, its a no no?

Ive just spoken to the one with the brembo's and he said he'll take 9250. Or 9290 with the sensor thing sorted.

Come on someone sell me a perfect uk TT!!!!!!!!!! pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

I know what it's like when you think you've found the ideal car but just take a step back from it, it kinda sounds like you've talked yourself into buying it regardless of any possible problems and thats a dangerous place to be!

I'm not saying there is anything terribly wrong with it BUT you have mentioned a few things like the warning light that bother me.

There is a section on here about reading fault codes- perhaps try that if he has nothing to hide he'll let you I'm sure. Then if it is a active spoiler code it sounds plausable.

Whenever I view a car I always try and get myself in a state of mind as if I was viewing the car for someone else- ie emotions don't come into it!!

Not that that stops me buying sheds over and over again (except the supe of course!)

why won't sky insure you on an import?

Wicked, i told him to unplug the Active spoiler ecu, and theres no more warning light! Awesome!

Im just going to try and get it for 9k then i'll be more than happy with it! :D

Guys Laura's ones great and all, but it has no history, i dunno about you guys but the fact that a car has a new engine makes me feel slightly better being a high mileage car, i just wont feel secure buying a car with over 100K miles with original engine, i dunno why but i just wont! Ive never owend a car with over 40k miles before! Im bit of a mileage snob, but with the supra's i aint got much of a choice.

I thought the same my friend. As a trader there are 2 types of people I love - Desperate buyers and desperate sellers. I hate the patient sorts! :)

hehe indeed! i bet you do aswell! i waited 6 months to find my supra and i couldnt drive it until a month later after buying it "insurance" hehe

2 k since rebuild? its not even run in or tested yet so what you gonna do if it goes bang again?

There was a UK auto on ebay the other day low miles immaculate never went above £7k if I remember.

Most have spent thousands and thousands on their cars it doesn't mean you get it back..

UK auto's dont seem to make that sorta special money IMHO

Whats wrong with that Lauras car? thats a red auto. Its £6k!! Make her an offer!

Its too expensive......but its your money! :eyebrows:

You keep mentioning insurance are you going to declare all these mods then? Cos that could increase your premiums

Wahey! lets try and drive our residules through the floor....