The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Beware this car

Marty

Uk Spec Manual

This is the one CJ nearly bought, its milage is CLOCKED. It has over 140k!!

2nd one down with 19" alloys.

Original ad.., looks like its had a few mods since then but im 99% its the same one, Cj may know better than me whether its the same?

plus its too cheap for that mileage, which also brings up alarm bells IMO

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&item=200031739404&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Could be just a coincidance... its the alloys, milage and the fact its a red uk manual, which made me think it was the same. Although the one you nearly bought didnt have the skirts etc did it? unless its been disguised slightly as you pulled him up on the fact you knew it had been clocked.

Shame the number plate isnt visable :(

if you look at the rear number plate on the one on the trader, it has bold writing on both sides of it, at the bottom. Which is going to be common to a certain garage.

The one on ebay has exactly the same writing....:eyebrows:

so there you go, same car.

what a sneaky futhermocker he is trying to disguise it like that!!

i thank you:thanku:

I would also be wary seeing as he is selling as a private person but admits that he took it in as a p/ex for the Skyline. If anyone goes then make sure you check out the reg nunber. If it is N996 DDY then run away ;)

Do you think it might be worth creating a list of known dodgy motors? so if your going to view one you can print off the numberplates/pics of known clocked/written off cars?

I think I would prefer a list of known dodgy dealers :)

Yeah that sounds a good idea.

Maybe the poor guy is unaware that it has been clocked, and its going to get sold to someone who has no idea its real history.

its wrong that this kind of thing should be allowed to happen.

And if he isnt unaware, he needs a good kicking!!

going to be a bit of a long list ;)

True - but at least then folks know who are the bad guys clocking cars and wont need to look for any given reg number etc.

Let's put it this way, would you want to buy any car off a dealer who is known to clock motors? ;)

unfortunately some unsuspecting buyer will more than likely not do their research and end up buying it...!!!!

which is why i say a supra with high miles with FSH is a better buy than a low mileage with NO S/H - IMO

Rash.

p.s. did i mention i have UK TT done 179k:D :D

unfortunately some unsuspecting buyer will more than likely not do their research and end up buying it...!!!!

which is why i say a supra with high miles with FSH is a better buy than a low mileage with NO S/H - IMO

Rash.

p.s. did i mention i have UK TT done 179k:D :D

This is a high miler with SH - it is just that it is clocked to make it seem more attractive to the normal punter out there.

looks tidy though. i wouldnt mind paying 6k for it :)

my na aerotop has done almost 100k and that drives perfectly.

True, there is nothing wrong with high mileage cars, mine has not far off 130k and im putting a single on it ;) its more the fact someone is being conned into thinking its a low mileage.

Its off this thread too, its not even been looked after...

Clicky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.