The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rotorstock Japanese streetracer meeting

dude

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by matt

Thanks Andy , it could well have stopped steaming and I may not have noticed the fluid loss before jumping in it and chasing Dude and CJ down the M40!!!

yay I did see ya in the end matey brought a smile to my face when I saw ya made it.. as I was running round filiming stuff hehe. Glad it's all sorted!

CJ you're car looks great mate, didn't introduce myself but I was the one who kept commenting on how much stuff you'd bought hehe.

Dude that cars awsome :D

glad ya enjoyed it, weather was great, i'm all sunburnt now.. i'm off to kill the stupid weatherman for saying it was gonna rain :-)

gonna get the footage off, got about 25 mins footage of the cars, gotta do me a milhouse special :D

This was a good day, Some of the Invited cars didn't turn up which would have made the shoot out at the end a bit more exciting but I think the track was going well for the cars. Dudes car looked quick all day, the Black whiff bitz supra looked very impressive but could see struggling to get the power down in the start we were was sitting middle of the track and it really went well after half way Sounded Awesome. The orange Supra which I think is leons did sould like it was mis firing. The supras put on a good show as the skylines were not doing much. The Fensport corralla did look good but after every run they had the bonnet up spraying water over the engine and intercooler. The rusty old beetle was quite good running 11.9's.

hi just got back after 450 mile round trip stayed over in chester. was well chuffed for dude doing a 10.9 got most of runs on vid. not long been in.

dudes car just seemed to grip and go. was that mad flutter sound the wastegate?

will update times in a bit

if you want all info putting up like turbos fuel headlight pulled drags or slicks let us know.

could not belive the size of the veilside manifolds on leon and paul w`s cars. and leons intercooler was fooking huge, is that a greddy 4 row or a custom job.

think it is great news for the BL turbo kit got best time for supras.

stayed till the end when they gave out trophys and they were talking to the fensport guy and he said its the fastest toyota in the country. does he not know of the crd supra. the fensport corolla supposed to have run a 10 the day before.

paul w did not seem to be doing burnout to heat tyres up

well done to all, it was a good day out to say i was not going till 10pm day before

ps other half got a good pic of dude doing a good burnout will post up in a bit

Guest Terry S

Mark it is great news and confirms BL's position at the top of the tree. With hardcore drag racers like you and Dude the next year will be interesting.

How long before I get Leon to throw alway those laggy HKS twins for a fast spooling BL single kit?:flame Dev

BTW, that FMIC is a custom on Leon's car. It's the biggest god damn IC I have seen. When it runs right that thing should freakin fly.

Originally posted by Terry S

Here Dude, you did remember to turn off the AC this time didn't you LOL

No !!!! both Leon and i were running with the AC on , it was kin hot there and we had to wear jackets to cover our arms up , Leon said he had to leave the AC on cause if he gets too hot his leg falls off !!!!:eek: , I also had my Tein coilovers on and not my soggy UK rear shocks :cool:

Dude:flame Dev

got a vid of dude v leon its only 9 meg

dude does 10.927 v leon 11 second run

its not brilliant filming as leon sets off as dude holds back to get his launch right. so cameras a bit trying to get them both in shot. got all the burnout section of leon on slicks doing a good burnout then john does his. quality looks ok as its only a small clip. its in .WMV format

let us know who can host it and how to send it

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

hi just got back after 450 mile round trip stayed over in chester. was well chuffed for dude doing a 10.9 got most of runs on vid. not long been in.

dudes car just seemed to grip and go. was that mad flutter sound the wastegate?...

That flutter sound is compressor stall. You get it when letting off throttle lightly on stock twins as well, but its not nearly as loud. Basically, its +pressure going in reverse through the turbo thats not gone through the BOV. You can adjust your BOV if its really bad because it can wear on the blades, but most big singles all flutter.

I like the sound myself. :) :thumbs:

Originally posted by Supraguy

That flutter sound is compressor stall. You get it when letting off throttle lightly on stock twins as well, but its not nearly as loud. Basically, its +pressure going in reverse through the turbo thats not gone through the BOV. You can adjust your BOV if its really bad because it can wear on the blades, but most big singles all flutter.

I like the sound myself. :) :thumbs:

is that the same as surge? because i thought bigger turbos have abtisurge housings.

and my stock twins make what i thought was wastegate chatter when you lift of slightly. it does sound mad.

and my stock twins make what i thought was wastegate chatter when you lift of slightly.

The HKS SSQV BOV can make this noise too, does on mine. (That's if you've got one obviously)

is that the same as surge? because i thought bigger turbos have abtisurge housings.

and my stock twins make what i thought was wastegate chatter when you lift of slightly. it does sound mad.

I don`t beleive so but I stand to be corrected if I am wrong, i think surge is caused by the turbo spinning up to fast and over speeding which is different to compressor stall, this would be caused by an incorrectly sized turbo normally.

Anti surge housings are also resonably new i think and are now being offered as an option on most turbo kits, i have no idea how they work though.

:thumbs:

Guest rotarygoth

Thought I pay a visit to the MK4 owners to congratulate Dude on his 10.9 run which I saw on Monday! Fantastic car, in fact Dude's, Leon's (which sounded scary - but probably more so because of the misfire) and Paul Whifin's were all great to see! in fact it was good to see the Supras out in force! Glad you guys all enjoyed Rotorstock. Shame some of the other invited cars didn't grace us with their presence.

2nd race RX7 slicks had been all noise and no go so i thought the same thing goes , all of a sudden he running low 11's (NOS according to a marshall) so its catchup time , overtook him about 2 cars before the line

I guessing that was the Red RE:Works car! One of the quickest rotarys in the UK!

Anyway, glad that all feedback has been positive!

cheers

Mark

Originally posted by mawby

The HKS SSQV BOV can make this noise too, does on mine. (That's if you've got one obviously)

I have had an HKS SSQV before and after going single, and its not ever made the noise I am talking about. Its also 100% sure not wastegate. Wish I had a vid of the sound I am talking about. Maybe a search on Supraforum's will bring it up.

Adrocktt (moderator) from Supraforums has some vids of his single Supe with compressor surge if you look for it.

Here's quote from a PM:

I run 2 HKS SSBOVs and that noise on my car isn't a good one. It isn't bad persay since there is little to no boost at that RPM/Load but it is minor compressor surge. The BOVs are adjusted to let out the large loads of 30psi not 1-2 minor bits of pressure. When there is simply light boost they often flutter in the sound you are reffering to. It imitate, get 2 smaller BOVs adjusted for a large turbo, get a large turbo, and rev it pretty much out of gear or let off throttle with very light boost build. There really isn't another way. Most turbos that are at all sizeable would do it, and even the bigger bovs will flutter unless you run a small one in conjunction to take care of that small boost I mentioned. The HKS SSBOV sounds great at BPU, I ran it and didn't want to go away from it. Try it down on your FMIC hardpipe (if you have one) and I almost forgot, at BPU it WILL flutter under the same moderate conditions with no stock BOV in the loop.

Originally posted by rotarygoth

Thought I pay a visit to the MK4 owners to congratulate Dude on his 10.9 run which I saw on Monday! Fantastic car, in fact Dude's, Leon's (which sounded scary - but probably more so because of the misfire) and Paul Whifin's were all great to see! in fact it was good to see the Supras out in force! Glad you guys all enjoyed Rotorstock. Shame some of the other invited cars didn't grace us with their presence.

I guessing that was the Red RE:Works car! One of the quickest rotarys in the UK!

Anyway, glad that all feedback has been positive!

cheers

Mark

Why was it running Hi 12's all day ????? Must admit it went like stink when i raced it though , guy was a good sport as well , cant get over the fact those rotary's can sound like bikes !!!

got a vid of dude v leon its only 9 meg

dude does 10.927 v leon 11 second run

its not brilliant filming as leon sets off as dude holds back to get his launch right. so cameras a bit trying to get them both in shot. got all the burnout section of leon on slicks doing a good burnout then john does his. quality looks ok as its only a small clip. its in .WMV format

let us know who can host it and how to send it

Jake may be able to host it !!!!!

Guest rotarygoth
Why was it running Hi 12's all day ????? Must admit it went like stink when i raced it though , guy was a good sport as well , cant get over the fact those rotary's can sound like bikes !!!

I'm guessing that Jeff was still setting the beast up, I know he was trying for good runs and longevity. He managed 30 runs over the weekend then drove the bugger back to Portsmouth! So I guess he managed to get the reliable fast rotary after all!

Yep, can defo sound like bikes when the redline is upped! And Us rotary types are all good sports, haven't you heard:p !

Originally posted by rotarygoth

I'm guessing that Jeff was still setting the beast up, I know he was trying for good runs and longevity. He managed 30 runs over the weekend then drove the bugger back to Portsmouth! So I guess he managed to get the reliable fast rotary after all!

Yep, can defo sound like bikes when the redline is upped! And Us rotary types are all good sports, haven't you heard:p !

I know how he feels , i had to drive mine back to Brighton and then to work (it my daily driver !!!!):sly: