The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rotorstock Japanese streetracer meeting

dude

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Jake

Sounds good to me, OK if I wanted to tag along?

(I haven't checked this out with the Mrs yet)

Well I'm still here at home :( It didn't go down very well at all with the Mrs when I mentioned I was thinking of going to a car thing rather going for a birthday meal with her and the folks.

:sulks:

somebody has just told me dude has run a 11.4 and possibly an 11.1, Leon is up soon along with Paul Whiffin.

I never made the event as my son has picked up a bad cold and given it to me so this bank holiday has been a non-starter for me.

JB

Originally posted by Branners

and thats after having problems with his bottom end all week :D

Just to add, Dude has done a 10.92 now, that guy knows how to drag race a car....

JB

thats excellent news, i bet he beats the likes of leon and paulW. Any idea of his trap speed?

I just got back. 't Was a good event and some nice hot weather to go with it :cool:

The race of the day must have been Dude vs Leon. Dude kicked ass :D Well done. Leon was having misfiring probs apparently. I haven't seen any of his later attempts, because I left at 15.00 already...

The jet engined car wasn't too bad eiter, doing a 6sec at 240mph :flame Dev

CJ's car looked amazing except for the scratchmarks already on his frontend :innocent:

You paying close attention to CJ's front end?

awww how cute.

Glad you had a good day mate, I went up to elvington for the scooby day and thought it was a bag 'o' shite, ripped me off a tenner and I stayed an hour and a half (during which time there was only 3 races).

Saw the CRD supra, I dont know what I was expecting but it didn't live up to my expectations, perhaps I would have been more impressed if I actually saw it on the track.

Saw the Envy supra - hung around the car for a bit to see if gaz/kev were around but they had just abandoned it (probably for chow).

How pissed am I that I didnt hitch a lift with monkey to the event you went to?

I just got back from Rotorstock and those of you who didnt go missed a treat. It was well organised and marshalled and a great day out.

dude was in awesome form running a 11.5, 11.4 11.1 and then a 10.92. he (and we) were well chuffed. :)

Good to catch up with soem old froends and meet some new people off the BBS. managed to chat with Matt and the lovely Debbie, Scooter, Ibrar, Lovatt, Andrew Dunk Shaw and others i cannot remember the names of.

Yep, definitely one for next year's diary. :thumbs:

Yeah today was a good day!!

Props to Dude for hitting the 10's ...... Nice One!

Good to see everyone.

Better facilities than Pod, I didn't try the strip... but I didn't hear anyone complaining of lack of traction.

Thought the day was gonna be worse.... I met Dude and CJ at the services, then Andy (Bobs bro') came to tell me my car was smoking and had dumped a load of fluid!!!!!

Thanks Andy , it could well have stopped steaming and I may not have noticed the fluid loss before jumping in it and chasing Dude and CJ down the M40!!!

Turned out it had cracked the header tank............ a weak point on the soop as I've had this happen twice before :sad:

I limped it back home and stuck on a spare rad I had in the shed... and got there before lunch. Yay!!

Guest Terry S

Well done dude. Funny how far they right knowledge will take you huh.

That must be the first UK built Supra in the 10's:thumbs:

Who wants to bet we can't get it low 10's:flame Dev

Originally posted by Terry S

Well done dude. Funny how far they right knowledge will take you huh.

That must be the first UK built Supra in the 10's:thumbs:

Who wants to bet we can't get it low 10's:flame Dev

Knowing "medalion man" and his outside source of knowledge :innocent: I wouldnt bet aginst it. :)

Excellent dude well done. What times were other people posting? Wasn't there a bit of a our supra's are faster than your skyline thing going on?

What was the quickest time of the event?

What time did Leon post?

Why the feck didn't I go and find out all this for myself?

Thanks for all the comments guys it makes all the hard work and cash seem worthwhile , its nice to know all you guys are behind me in this crazy quest for speed , it all started turning into a nightmare when i started in the final 32 shootout , i had decided to revert to drag racing mode and just win races and not shoot for times thus avoiding red lighting or breaking the car ,1st race was a little 323 jobby ran 13's so i thought let him go off the line and catch him spank him and go , just as i caught him my BOV blew out of the pipe :eek: , i had about 1/2 a bar and enough momentum to just take the win , 2nd race RX7 slicks had been all noise and no go so i thought the same thing goes , all of a sudden he running low 11's (NOS according to a marshall) so its catchup time , overtook him about 2 cars before the line :thumbs: , 3rd race Fennsport Celica , now i know this is well quick , demolish it off the line and he seems to give up so i just pootle down the strip , he thinks im broke and goes for it , no prob kick it down and off we go , 4th race Fensport Corrola , now i think easy meat , i do not realise this is a 600++ hp car so like a idiot i turn the BC off and run off wastegate (1.35bar) he beats me by a car length , im so annoyed i had that trophy if only i hadnt turned the controller off :angry: the other 2 cars in the final i could have easily whupped , never mind 4th place and fastest road car of the day (only one in the 10's i think) isnt bad for a shakedown run , if i can make it launch worth a toss it may be a fast car !!!:) Thanks again guys and watch this space .

BTW heres the figs for the 10sec run

60ft 1.78

ET 10.92

Terminal 132.48

Dude:flame Dev