The mkiv Supra Owners Club

please help!!!!!

Guest foggyeyez

Guest foggyeyez
i think its the fact that you said you were a naughty boy that people have made assumptions

i suppose it does look a bit dodgy but i really didn't mean that. My parents call me that because i had been drivin as a learner for nearly 5 years (fully legal) an and only just been arsed to take my test...i would never drive a car on the road unless i was fully legal i dont think its clever an i really didn't mean to annoy anyone....

You gave it out initially and then get the hump when someone gives it back in return.

The irony in calling someone a **** first and then complaining when they get "potty-mouthed" in return is delicious.;)

..and what? You think the irony was lost on me? Absolutely not. That post was entirely deliberate and ultimately spoiled now. Ho hum...:rolleyes:

You need to get the facts right before jumping to conclusions about people and slagging them off.

No. What's needed is for people to present the facts (especially when it appears they have been doing something illegal) at the outset. If one presents something that it isn't they deserve any and every response they get.

No. What's needed is for people to present the facts (especially when it appears they have been doing something illegal) at the outset. If one presents something that it isn't they deserve any and every response they get.

I'm sorry but I'm with Martin here, the original poster chose his words very carefully, and the implication was there.

I'm presuming however that throughout the 5 years of driving as a learner there was an accompanying driver, who was over the age of 21 and had held a full licence for three years whenever the original poster was driving. I'm also presuming that 'L' plates were also displayed at all times.

Mike

I'm sorry but I'm with Martin here, the original poster chose his words very carefully, and the implication was there.

No need to be sorry.;)

I'm presuming however that throughout the 5 years of driving as a learner there was an accompanying driver, who was over the age of 21 and had held a full licence for three years whenever the original poster was driving. I'm also presuming that 'L' plates were also displayed at all times.

Mike

I was going to ask this. I noted that the poster made no mention of it.:rolleyes:

You are going to struggle to get insurance on a TT as a first car of your own.

£4k for a car essentially worth £8k is it worth it ?

Get some Ncb on a smaller vehicle then move up to the Supra, if you have your mind set on one try things like limited mileage policies and pass plus etc to bring down the steep premiums your going to get quoted.

Guest foggyeyez

any idea what happens when you fill your quota of miles but still have a few months of the year left??? this sounds like a good tip but when i do get a tt its gonna be hard not to get carried away!

any idea what happens when you fill your quota of miles but still have a few months of the year left??? this sounds like a good tip but when i do get a tt its gonna be hard not to get carried away!

Yep, you won't be insured anymore.... but we won't go there will we? :p ;)

Is anyone else in this club wondering why there seems to have been a sudden surge of relatively young and inexperienced drivers wanting to buy a tt supra? I don't know of any driving schools that give you a 300+ horsepower rear wheel drive car to learn in. I know that in recent years they have come down a bit in price but that doesn't take away from the fact that they can be nuts in the dry and near crazy in the wet. Has nobody ever told them to learn in something a bit more handleable first. I had a n/a before getting the tt and it still took me a while to learn how the car reacted while being driven hard. (No disrespect to the n/a boys intended there). I'm surprised nobody's been really hurt yet.