Lewis

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Stealthhosts

2. Supragal + Stox maybe more... (need to check date)

3. Branners (barring any school kids)

4. GTO TT (local GTO)

5. TVR Tuscan (if it doesnt break down on the way)

6. Oxygene (pencilled)

7. Ashley Willis (Pencilled)

8. Suprababe (Pencilled)

9. Ray

10. HISUPE (Pencilled)

11. mcanny (Charcoal me in)

12. Paul R + mussus (pencilled)

Hi Guys/Gals

I am still negotiating with them over prices but they are very keen to get a rough idea of numbers which is impossible at the moment as it is early days.

Supragal, They are willing to give discounts in the hotel but places are limited and they would need to know numbers before they will even give me a rough idea on discounts.

Gimme a bit of time I will wear them down ;)

Nice to see you added to the list Paul

Will post again over the weekend as I am told I know someone who knows one of the bosses (its his brother in law) so I am going to see what else I can wrangle out of them :D

1. Stealthhosts

4. GTO TT (local GTO)

6. Oxygene (pencilled)

8. Suprababe (Pencilled)

9. Ray

10. HISUPE (Pencilled)

12. Paul R + mussus (pencilled) [/b]

13. Supra66 + other half (Pencil me in)

1. Stealthhosts

4. GTO TT (local GTO)

6. Oxygene (pencilled)

8. Suprababe (Pencilled)

9. Ray

10. HISUPE (Pencilled)

12. Paul R + mussus (pencilled) [/b]

13. Supra66 + other half (Pencil me in)

14. Nicksupra67 + 1??

15. ChrissupraSZ + 1??

Looking good so far people, I am hoping mawby got a chance to post elsewhere too, I am waiting for a call back regarding room prices etc so as soon as I have that info I will update you all with some of the other stuff.

Thanks

Quick post to remove myself from the list:

1. Stealthhosts

4. GTO TT (local GTO)

6. Oxygene (pencilled)

8. Suprababe (Pencilled)

9. Ray

10. HISUPE (Pencilled)

11. Paul R + mussus (pencilled) [/b]

12. Supra66 + other half (Pencil me in)

13. Nicksupra67 + 1??

14. ChrissupraSZ + 1??

1. Stealthhosts

4. GTO TT (local GTO)

6. Oxygene (pencilled)

8. Suprababe (Pencilled)

9. Ray

10. HISUPE (Pencilled)

13. Nicksupra67 + 1??

14. ChrissupraSZ + 1??

15. Clarkey_Sparkey + 1?

Hi people,

Got a load of bumpf through from alton towers in the post today.

so in brief:

I was also looking at organising it as a corporate event which included somewhere inside where we could all get together and lunch etc etc provided. After reading through all this crap I have ruled this out, the main reason being it would cost about 65quid each, whilst this did include entry to thepark etc I figered it is in the middle of July so I don't think people are going to mind being stood outside at all.

Due to the response so far I have specified 30 people for on the day (this is the minimum expected as it stands at the moment) which would result in a cost of £17pp.

If numbers steadily (or explosively) increase then I can quickly change this number and get a further reduction. I am awaiting a call back from their processing department when I can arrange a special reference number. This reference number would be used for booking which means you can book your tickets directly with them which is something I was hoping for as I didnt want to expect people to trust me with their moolah (and to be honest I didn't want the headache of it all).

There has been very little response in the mailing list which leads me to believe that either mawby didnt get a chance to post details in other forums or none of them were interested. If you are a member of a forum/group/club you think may be interested in a day out (even if they are not fussed about the cars - and just want half-price entry to the park) then please make posts/telephone calls/emails and let people know.

My own company are going as a group day out and are having it subsidised by their sports & social commitee so anything similar to that is obviously acceptable too. The more people we can get pencilled/confirmed the cheaper it will be for everyone involved.

With regards to staying in the hotel, I am STILL awaiting pricing info for that however I was told that unless a substantial number of people want to stay over then there will be little to no discount which I guess is fair enough, however I am compiling a list of recommended hotels/b&b's etc to suit all budgets from the company we use at work to book all our stays away.

As soon as the list is comprehensive enough I will stick it on the alton towers page I have started (link in sig).

I think thats pretty much it except for the fact that I will attempt to scan these brochures etc as soon as I can for anyone who doesn't know much about the park.

Thanks

Hullo Supragal et All,

I'm a newbie to the board having just got my RZ. Amazing bit of kit! Though I'm sure you guys'n'gals already know that. ;)

Just a quick mail to confirm myself and a friend we definitely up for soiree :)

Cheers,

Christian.

Clarkey- post up a "hi i'm new" thread in chit chat, then everyone will get to know your name- not everyone reads the events section.

Stealth- nice one, might be up for the hotel even at standard rates, just dunno how much it is!!

1. Stealthhosts

4. GTO TT (local GTO)

6. Oxygene (pencilled)

8. Suprababe (Pencilled)

9. Ray

10. HISUPE (Pencilled)

13. Nicksupra67 + 1??

14. ChrissupraSZ + 1??

15. Clarkey_Sparkey + 2

Stox and I are definately up for this, *might* have the Supe back by then... (cursed it now!)

So who needs to stay over the night there? ie needs hotels etc? If we all stayed in the same place we could go for drinks after or something?

I am thinking of staying here... pleasant hotel / B & B pretty cheap and a VERY short distance from the park, I will probably stay here the night before and the night after the event.

Let me know what you think .. I prefer the kind of "homely" places but others may not. Let me know how many are thinking of staying over at this (or another) place and I'll see if we can organise discounts:

http://www.thebullsheadinn.freeserve.co.uk/

Forgot to say... a full english is included in the prices.

and that its well within walking distance for those not taking cars (one mile) its just one main road away from the park itself.