The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of selling my car

Jake

if u need a sale i have a customer in sweden wanting for the right car let me know of what cash offer you would take and i will pass the relevant details over, i sold waynes for 15k to denmark for him but this one would go to sweden.

That's interesting, do supras usually sell for good money in the likes of Sweden, Denmark etc?

Jake, Lucifer at mkivstore is also tryig to source a decent singled supra

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a difficult one in todays market, in my opinion its poss worth £18-20k but getting that could possible be difficult, problem is your only apealing to a handfull of buyers but if one does come along then happy days, you get a good price but more than often nowadays the more expensive cars stay up for sale for ages and gradually drop in price :(

If you can afford to wait then stick to your guns and stick it up for £20k and wait for the right buyer, if its more urgent then stick it up for £18k ONO and you may entice someone who wasnt gonna spend that much but cant resist ;)

Mike

That's interesting, do supras usually sell for good money in the likes of Sweden, Denmark etc?

About 40% of all the skylines that come up forsale on the GTR club go to sweden!! high wages, low cost of living and alot of british people moving over there :)

Mike

Yes they do. Over the past 2 months or so, I have exported a few to Sweden via an agent I use over there.

Don't sell the single Jake. It's not the car's fault. Sell the other two. I have to agree with above posts about the real issue here. You will be kicking yourself forever if you sell that car. Then you'll resent your missus because it was ultimately her that influenced you to sell it. Resentment leads to bigger problems.... Keep the car, drive it without her and stay happy. We don't mind if you drive it once or twice a month and to meets. Really.

Am I right thinking that would be a substantial profit?

If you're in no rush you'll be ok waiting for a buyer to come along. I don't imagine there's too many people waiting in line to snap it up, especially at start of the winter.

(Last time I said that the car sold in 24 hours! - So good luck with it mate :) )

I say sell your other 2, keep this one, you wont get another as clean and well prepared in my opinion

I think the problem with your other half not getting in the car is not a problem at all, just dont drive like a nutter when she is with you, I rarely open it up with my other half in the car for fear of really hurting here if anything happened

If I hammer it on my own then thats my problem, just dont drive fast with her in the car, and im feeling your pain with her driving, my missus scares the shit out of me when driving, ive made a point to bite my tongue now as it was causing her real issues with me being a back seat driver, her perception sucks and she has taken to zooming out on roudabouts without stopping :shock:

just dont drive like a nutter when she is with you

Good point. I have opened the Supe up once on the Autobahn between Portsmouth and Chichester and my wife hammered me for it. It really wasn't worth it and I still have nightmares about the shit I received that day I tell you!!:slapped: :spank: :twak: :swear: :slap:

Good point. I have opened the Supe up once on the Autobahn between Portsmouth and Chichester and my wife hammered me for it. It really wasn't worth it and I still have nightmares about the shit I received that day I tell you!!:slapped: :spank: :twak: :swear: :slap:

not only that, if anything happened whilst doing that speed I could never live with myself :(

Hhmm complete opposite for me as i have tried like mad to scare her and she just comes back for more! (the wife that is lol!) and because of this she now pesters me to borrow it.....erm now that would be a bright thing to do yep....!!haha.....

Keep the car jake! and sell the other 2 as why on earth anyone needs more than one powerful car is beyond me! *cough*.... heehee!!

age and mods i'd say take no less that 25k there probably is a buyer out there that would pay that for a supra of that age with that spec but i wouldn't sell it.

:D Dunno that it's the ultimate Supra but it's my ultimate one

:( none of my business, but I hate to see someone whos got so far up the Supra food chain only to find sensible reasons for selling. Dont envy your choice Jake, but I hope she stays...

And you keep the Supra.