The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of selling my car

Jake

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the thing, there is lots of peple that say its worth 20+k (including me) but there is a select few that would put there hand in there pocket and pay that sort of money for a supra imo:)

You're right there and it seems that we as a club are driving the prices of supras down which is not a good thing. Everytime someone puts a car up for sale its always said "that's too much, you can get one cheaper and better spec here etc"

You're right there and it seems that we as a club are driving the prices of supras down which is not a good thing. Everytime someone puts a car up for sale its always said "that's too much, you can get one cheaper and beer spec here etc"

In a way you are right Lee but you have to remember that when people are looking at cars, they are buyers first and members second. Whilst we, and I include myself in that "we", are looking to get the most money for the cars on sale there are many more places to buy away from the forum that are sometimes selling cheaper and we are therefore in competition with those outlets.

I have been acused of selling too cheap and pushing prices down. That is nonsense as you only have to look at ebay and autotrader to see what sort of money the cars are sometimes making.

All that being said, Jake's car does not come into that category are there are very few (read none) that I know of that come close to his that has the spec, year and colour etc. He is therefore in a great position of having a fairly unique offering but, as a few have already said, it may take a while to find someone who has the money and the want for that particular car.

If I win the lottery tonight, my first call would be to Jake to buy that car - obviously after negotiation :eyebrows: :D

Thats the thing, there is lots of peple that say its worth 20+k (including me) but there is a select few that would put there hand in there pocket and pay that sort of money for a supra imo:)

Blimey! I agree with you on something.

You're right there and it seems that we as a club are driving the prices of supras down which is not a good thing. Everytime someone puts a car up for sale its always said "that's too much, you can get one cheaper and better spec here etc"

I've been thinking this myself for some time now. There are some excellent cars going at stupid prices. The traders seem to know how much to price a Supra at and still sell them but then someone with a, perhaps, nicer example comes along and the club is like "nah! you'd be lucky to get 7k for that".

I don't get it.

Guest GirlRacer!
:nooo: that car looks completely amazing! Wouldn't you regret it if you sold her? Can't you sell the other 2 Supe's and get something boring for your missus with the £? Then you'd have an amazingly cool supercar for you (or your missus when she's feeling brave!) plus a sensible family car for trips to homebase!! :zzz: *yawn*!

• 3 weeks later...

IF you have to sell it, post the spec and take the highest offer over £18500.

offers sealed by pm or face to face cash. no other way.

it's a top car with top spec by the looks of thing's. in fact very da*n near what im looking for.

and yes i saw wayne's car for sale, which was nice, but a little too old for me and a little more mileage than i was hoping for.

(personally looking for a 96+ car with a bl67 dbb single and all the bling)

my 2 cents buddy;)