The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nov / Dec Meet

Ian W

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or it would have been you in the lead car lol:d

holy shit guys..........can't leave you alone for a day without you creating chaos :D

shame i didn't make the meet, i'm sure there will be more and next time i WILL have another supe.

Martin A, so sorry to see what happened mate and hope you get it sorted out quickly and hassle free. (if your car was Pete's old one i think there'll be a few tears shed once he sees this :D)

Martin, hope you and Emma are not feeling too sore today.

I thought the recovery was taking you back to Falkirk - not Alexandria ????

Other than the misfortunate incident putting a damper on the day-it was heading towards being a good meet.

As long as you and Emma are OK, thats what matters most

cheers

Ian

PS: I still cannot get over that old biddie (80 years +), coming off the bus and saying that theres not much damage done !!!!

(WTF)

Old biddy who knew instinctivly how fast everyone was going too.

The pics say a lot actually, you can see the bus had come from across the white line and that the impact was right on the centre line.

Been to see the car today and it looks as bad as it did at the time, quite sad really, propped up on some alloys because it isn't driveable.

Will speak to Ensign on monday and get ready to reject their rubbish offer for the car.

m.

Basically we were running along quite nicely but the road is all blind bends and things, i know it quite well and did the recce the week before so it isn't like i found myself on an unfamiliar road.

Anyhow, alreadfy braking for the corner (blind) when the coach appeared. Due to the size of the thing and the tight corner he was over the white line so not being able to tell if we'd make it or not i pushed the pedal harder and she just locked up and slid. Irealised, let off the brake and steered but it was already too late. It did mean we went into the side of the coach and not head on though so lucky escape really.

Important note:

can anyone who spoke to the police at the time please PM me their full name and contact details? I think the insurance might ask about witnesses.

m.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo.............!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Is that Pete's old car?

Yes it is/was.

after all its only metal and plastic.

How dare you!

Martin A, so sorry to see what happened mate and hope you get it sorted out quickly and hassle free. (if your car was Pete's old one i think there'll be a few tears shed once he sees this :D)

Seriously - I'm ready to cry. Glad No-one hurt which is the main thing.

:( Oh no, not Mertoc. Glad you are ok Martin. What a shame.

Poor Mertoc indeed.

Anyone told Lewis yet?

Basically we were running along quite nicely but the road is all blind bends and things, i know it quite well and did the recce the week before so it isn't like i found myself on an unfamiliar road.

Anyhow, alreadfy braking for the corner (blind) when the coach appeared. Due to the size of the thing and the tight corner he was over the white line so not being able to tell if we'd make it or not i pushed the pedal harder and she just locked up and slid. Irealised, let off the brake and steered but it was already too late. It did mean we went into the side of the coach and not head on though so lucky escape really.

Important note:

can anyone who spoke to the police at the time please PM me their full name and contact details? I think the insurance might ask about witnesses.

m.

How you gettin on with things?

Well i contacted all witness people and i have printed off one of the shots looking down the road which shows the state of the edge of the road (no run off) and the position of the bus after crash (on verge at far side but filling road) and importantly the debris from the impact which has to be a good foot or so on my side of the road.

Just sitting and waiting for the offer now!

martin.