The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nov / Dec Meet

Ian W

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good 10 - 10:30 at Falkirk Wheel car park then. Shouldn't be too busy. If anyone wants to walk up and see the wheel they can.

Route should take a couple of hours (touring not racing) but we can stop for pics in a couple of locations. Loch Katrine is a good one, there is a big car park so we can all get together, should be quiet too.

There are also a few pull ins as we go through but it looks like we'll have a few too many cars for most of them.

And of course there is the bacon roll stop we need to have.

Back into Stirling for some scoff after the run then.

Current planned route for those who want to look or have Tom Tom etc:

Meet at Falkirk Wheel 23 miles from Glasgow 23 miles from Edinburgh so hurrah for that!

http://www.thefalkirkwheel.co.uk/content/TFW_SubSection/index.asp?ID=21

Head off through Denny and follow the B818 through the Carron Vally, past the reservoir and up to Fintry.

Turn off at Fintry onto B822 to Kippen

Through Kippen and up to Thornhill.

Turn left onto A873 towards Port of Menteith then follow A81 to Aberfoyle for a bacon roll

From Aberfoyle follow A821 through Duke's Pass down to Loch Katrine (excellent bit of twisty road).

Stay on that road through Brig O' Turk to the wonderfully named Killmahog (there is a pub here if anyone wants to stop but we'll have to see on numbers for their car park as it isn't huge).

Turn right onto A84 through Callendar and back to Stirling. We can make it longer if necessary but that's not a bad loop. It'll be great as long as the weather holds off for us.

m.

Is this still the intended route and times?

cheers

Ian

Guest sunnyG83

Sandy-M2 me and james are meeting up at CURRYS at kinnaird park at about 9am but we will then be heading along to Hermiston Gait from there. Come along to kinnaird park if you like or we will see you at hermiston gait at about 9.15ish.

Sorry about the big Letters james old boy its just that everyone calls Currys comet. We even get customers wanting to speak to the manager and threatening to go across to Currys, until we tell them to go across the road and try the rant from the correct side of the road where Comet is :D kills me everytime lol.

Met with Scotspower this morning in Stirling and he might make it along if he aint abroad by then. Picking up my HID's:)

Guest sunnyG83

i was just writing it that big incase you were short sighted:p .

Im getting all excited about this meeting now but aint sure who is still coming, please post Still Attending next to your name as other have done, think about it this way, its upping your post count:d

01 Supra-Man

02 jamesmark (STILL ATTENDING)

03 Geo

04 Martin_a

05 Superstar DJ

06 RIJ8631 (STILL ATTENDING)

07 Sunnyg83 (STILL ATTENDING)

08 Getrag

09 Lloydmcc

10 Supraman

11 Glasgow_bhoy

12 Heartworm

13 Oly

14 Sandy-m2

15 Scotspower (Provisionally)

i'll just cross mine out again shall i...

01 Supra-Man

02 jamesmark (STILL ATTENDING)

03 Geo

04 Martin_a

05 Superstar DJ

06 RIJ8631 (STILL ATTENDING)

07 Sunnyg83 (STILL ATTENDING)

08 Getrag

09 Lloydmcc

10 Supraman

11 Glasgow_bhoy

12 Heartworm