The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting Fluidyne radiator

Thorin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did mine some time back, got round a couple of problems.

i made a bracket to fit the stock airbox parts back on, including the air feed / ducting to the top of the rad. a small strip of steel was used and just bent to shape with a vice and hammer.

i also sealed all the gaps where the stock rad had foam stuff, with more foam stuff. i went down to my local sponge factory, explained what i needed it for and they sorted me out. about 12 quid a m.sq. and approx 50mm thick.

ill pop some pics up if anyones interested.

I did mine some time back, got round a couple of problems.

i made a bracket to fit the stock airbox parts back on, including the air feed / ducting to the top of the rad. a small strip of steel was used and just bent to shape with a vice and hammer.

i also sealed all the gaps where the stock rad had foam stuff, with more foam stuff. i went down to my local sponge factory, explained what i needed it for and they sorted me out. about 12 quid a m.sq. and approx 50mm thick.

ill pop some pics up if anyones interested.

Definitely. I still need to get some foam and seal the gaps etc. Interested in how you've mounted that bracket too.

ive took a few pics, sorry they're a bit fuzzy, it was dark.

the bracket is litterally just a bit of 2mm thick steel i found in the garage. i bent a 45 deg bend in, then bent this down 90deg. fixed one side into the fixing for the electric fan, then fixed a nut and bolt to the other end. this gave me a threaded bar to slide the duct mounting over and fix down with another nut. easy :)

ill spray it black with some hammerite when i get round to it..

DSC00269 (Large).JPG

DSC00268 (Large).JPG

DSC00266 (Large).JPG

• 1 year later...
ive took a few pics, sorry they're a bit fuzzy, it was dark.

the bracket is litterally just a bit of 2mm thick steel i found in the garage. i bent a 45 deg bend in, then bent this down 90deg. fixed one side into the fixing for the electric fan, then fixed a nut and bolt to the other end. this gave me a threaded bar to slide the duct mounting over and fix down with another nut. easy :)

ill spray it black with some hammerite when i get round to it..

Nicely done mate :)

Posted via Mobile Device