The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blackpool Illuminations

tezzpip

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant make it im afraid. Just been speaking to Chris at Hyper and cars not gonna be ready. Still cant say for 100% whats causing the prob so it needs to stay in a bit longer. Have a good night though. I might still pop over for a bite to eat depending on how i feel.

Sorry to hear this matey! I'm going to have to start charging you rent for coat storage :D

sorry i had to bail before we got to the lights people - after sitting there & only getting halfway towards even the start of the illuminations there was no way i was going to make it through & then on to the party i was due at so i figured i may as well just head there a bit early

if it's any consolation, the party was sh*t

nice chatting to you folks earlier on though & at the pub - i'll hopefully catch up with you all at Mascrat in a couple of weeks

btw, i can't wait to hear Mike's follow up to this quote on the traffic tonight...

"it should be ok once we get to Starr Gate...."

i heard figures of about 4.5 hours to get through the lights? :blink:

hope you all enjoyed it anyway ;)

I don't know what time we actually got through the Starr gate, but we got to the Savoy at about 11:15 ish, so that gives you an idea of how long it took.

My optimism ran out pretty soon after that quote,

It was a real shame more of the MkIII boys didn't make it.. I think only three made it to Morrisons, one disappeared shortly after. and I think only one took part in the "Parade".

Was a pretty good turn out in all though - I reckon we had about 25 turn out. :thumbs:

Mike

it was brilliant seeing all those gorgeus cars !!

sorry i never made it to the lights :(

once we all went to the pub i had 1 pint of real ale and was terrified by the fact i felt pi$$ed ! :wtf:

so me and my 2 friends decided to go for a quick coffee at hers,.

i got a text from Rich (rmountain05) letting me know when you guys were setting off for the lights,.

i got there just as you joined the traffic only i was on the other side of the road :( !!

even so i thought the mk3`s & mk4`s looked very nice and it was nice speaking to ratm & Rich ;)

i recognised no-one but it was great seeing all the cars :D nice one all.

Had a really good night, did'nt think it would take that long to get through the lights but it was a good laugh anyway until some kid came over and said:

"nice subaru mate"

What the hell are they teaching them these days :D

Good to see you all again look forward to seing the pictures :)

Ratm - I have to say thanks for all the pics of my car - TNT, most of mine turned out crap due to the bad light.

Great night guys, enjoyed the slow wind through the lights, spent more time looking at the reactions from passers by than the lights themselves. Will prob come along to Mascrat in a couple of weeks if someone can give me directions.

Mike

Ratm - I have to say thanks for all the pics of my car - TNT, most of mine turned out crap due to the bad light.

Great night guys, enjoyed the slow wind through the lights, spent more time looking at the reactions from passers by than the lights themselves. Will prob come along to Mascrat in a couple of weeks if someone can give me directions.

Mike

Directions here mate ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=77480

Mike

Guest SupraTTAeroMatt

Hello all, really enjoyed last night, was funny to see all the passers by; don't think too many of them were looking at the lights.

It was good to finally meet some people though and I'll see if I can make the Mascrat trip, though money energy's going to focussed on a Nur Spec now (like they weren't already!!)

I will have some extended footage from the mate standing out of my roof by next weekend so will get it posted (somewhere??) on here when I do.

:) Wicked Night out guys Great meeting upat Morrisons and over to the Shovels Pub/restraunt dont know how every body got fed :blink: it was a bit Busy !! lol ..................then there was the loooooooooooooooong wait JUST to start the lights !! but hey it was worth it !!! just to see everyones faces when they seen so many soops in a row ! dont know what was got more attension the lights or US !! :blink: Lost count of how many peeps i see pointing and counting "how many" and the photo,s/video,s that was taken i felt like a film star :innocent: LOL

So was a success great to meet some new members too and well done to supersupra666 (i think thats your ID :blink: ) and g/friend for coming from South London defo gets the "most distance traveled award"

Some Photo,s not really that good but hey was dark LOL

Cheers

Ian

Blackpool Illuminations 06 002.jpg

Blackpool Illuminations 06 003.jpg

Blackpool Illuminations 06 004.jpg

Blackpool Illuminations 06 006.jpg

Blackpool Illuminations 06 008.jpg

Blackpool Illuminations 06 010.jpg

Blackpool Illuminations 06 011.jpg

Blackpool Illuminations 06 012.jpg

Hi, tagged along with Dr Doom last night for my first meet but couldn't get there until just before the parade through the lights. Was still a good night though, especially watching all the people in the hotel bars standing at the windows counting the cars!:D

Hi, tagged along with Dr Doom last night for my first meet but couldn't get there until just before the parade through the lights. Was still a good night though, especially watching all the people in the hotel bars standing at the windows counting the cars!:D

I bet your gutted you got there late Kieran! You missed out on sitting in the traffic jam for an hour! haha! :D

I thought it was an excellent night, i really enjoyed it and so had everyone else i'd spoken to.. It was an impressive turnout & at least the rain managed to hold off!

Rob :)

hi all, it was a gooooood night bar us not being in the sup( water trouble ) i.e. no heating what so ever...hope nobody down rated me in the mazda, but the heating trouble has been sorted by my mate paul who you lot saw at mascrat manor this month (oct 06 ) there was a blockage of air causing no heat, so it needed quite a lot of squeezing of hoses and new thermostat...

see you lot at mascrat manor shortly...