The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Noise levels in dB

kosmic

Static or drive by noise levels? Static at what RPM, RAC MSA type noise test? 90% of aftermarket Jap sytems won't pass a drive by noise test on a de catted car, circuit noise regs are now very stringent. For example, I will need a split, 4 silencer system on my Skyline once I fit the bigger single turbo. A Superdragger, Hyper or whatever is no where near quiet enough even with the very small single currently fitted, I am using a huge and heavy Nismo system at the moment.

I know noise level increases exponentionally but even some of the loud single cars on here i swear i read somewhere had really high noise readings but i still cant see how theyd be louder than 110dB limited GT cars....maybe im just being a geek :innocent:

For every 6DB the sound level doubles.

Still cannot see too many cars getting close to the 110db level.. Well I hope not.

That was at idle too...

'Kin ell! My mates Cerbera was 115db @ 4000rpm!

I heard on FChat (Ferrari forum) that the DOT are teasting 'noise' cameras (they've already been tested at Brunters, they're supposed to be scarily acurate. How they'll police it I have no idea).