dude

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Thorin

Sounding good dude, exactly what I'd like to do if I had the money. I'd want it to be a true daily driver. :thumbs:

I cant see why it wouldnt be after all i allready have the Cooling well sorted in all areas , gearbox,water and FMIC and at 1.1 bar it should be pretty tame !!!oh and i have RLTC !!!!;)

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by migster

Yeah but no laser liner for setting the car up for getting home dude:p

Dont need one !! I'll just follow you , after all i dont mind a 'pootle' along sometimes !!!;)

Question? Why change the shocks when you can set up coilover rebound/damping for drag lauches. ala hks/other kit?

HKS Hiper Damper Suspension System for 1993-98 Supra Twin Turbo Drag Specialized

This is the latest creation for Supra TT's that loves drag racing. This suspension from HKS is tailored for use on the 1320! It allows you to set your supra up for some awesome squats & launching. But, when you leave the track you can turn it back to its "normal" settings in a few seconds & suck up some high speed corners on the way home!

saves you time messing around and you would get more track time

Dude - the E-Manage can map ignition timing, more accurately than the ITC, and you can simply upload maps on the fly to it so it would cope with a different map for race fuel etc easily. Any reason why you would stick with the ITC over all that?

-Ian

The only reason i can see to stick with the ITC is not having to boot up the laptop all the time and we all now how many times windows crashes, apart from that no but heres some bumph so we dont have to jump to other sites all the time

Geddy Emanage

E-Manage is an inexpensive programmable fuel management system that allows you to properly tune your factory fuel and ignition system, without having to change the entire factory ECU system to an expensive "stand-alone" unit. Basic functions will allow the user to alter a 16x16 Airflow Adjustmemt Map, 16x16 Ignition Timing Map, Larger Main Injector correction adjustment, Upgrade Air Flow Meter adjustment, Boost Limiter Cut, Anti-engine Stall, VTEC-fuel adjustment, Real-time Map Trace, Real-time Display, Real-time Communication, and basic Data-logging.

AEM EMS

AEM's Race Engine Management System is the first of its kind and will forever change the way you look at fuel injection tuning! This user-programmable system utilizes Windows-based software (2000, NT, 98, 95, ME) makes the task of copying, viewing, and manipulating data as simple as a click of the mouse.

User-defined templates are easily configurable and enable tuners to establish 'quick keys' to any pertinent information during the tuning process. The AEM EMS's infinitely-adjustable software allows tuners to program virtually any combination of engine control, power adders and auxiliary devices, and accurately deliver proper amounts of fuel and correct ignition timing for ANY boost level or operating condition.

This unit contains the following features: User configurable Windows software (requires a minimum Pentium 100 PC), Onboard Datalogging, Comes with complete library of tuning tips and system design, User programmable inputs and outputs, Up to 10 cylinder sequential fuel injection with individual cylinder trim, Up to 10 cylinder wasted spark distributor less ignition with individual cylinder trim, Boost Control, Comprehensive Nitrous Control, Twin O2 sensor closed loop control (Wide range, and UEGO), Comprehensive easy to follow, Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) feedback, Idle motor control, Extensive Electronic Automatic transmission control, 16/32 bit High Speed Processor, Interactive User Friendly manual, Twin Knock sensing control, Requires Wiring of Vehicle, Made in the USA.

Question? Why change the shocks when you can set up coilover rebound/damping for drag lauches. ala hks/other kit?

HKS Hiper Damper Suspension System for 1993-98 Supra Twin Turbo Drag Specialized

This is the latest creation for Supra TT's that loves drag racing. This suspension from HKS is tailored for use on the 1320! It allows you to set your supra up for some awesome squats & launching. But, when you leave the track you can turn it back to its "normal" settings in a few seconds & suck up some high speed corners on the way home!

Well done Mig , Got a link , this may be just the job !!!

Originally posted by Ian C

Dude - the E-Manage can map ignition timing, more accurately than the ITC, and you can simply upload maps on the fly to it so it would cope with a different map for race fuel etc easily. Any reason why you would stick with the ITC over all that?

-Ian

I thought there were a few probs re setting up the timing side of things , I know someone whos gonna be running one of these things so if he can get it set up then thats what i'll go for !!!

Originally posted by dude

Well done Mig , Got a link , this may be just the job !!!

http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=1500

or

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateH.asp?SubFolderID=209&SearchYN=N

and i await the sound of air through gritted teeth at the price but you have coilover allredy dont you? soft setting then less cash

http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=1500

or

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateH.asp?SubFolderID=209&SearchYN=N

and i await the sound of air through gritted teeth at the price but you have coilover allredy dont you? soft setting then less cash

They still dont sound so roundy roundy orientated to me !!!

:stupid:

and what is meant by high speed corners

Originally posted by dude

I know someone whos gonna be running one of these things so if he can get it set up then thats what i'll go for !!!

Me for a start :D I hope I can get it set up too! Well, me and maybe a bit of assistance from Pete Betts :)

-Ian

Originally posted by Ian C

Me for a start :D I hope I can get it set up too! Well, me and maybe a bit of assistance from Pete Betts :)

-Ian

How confident are you of getting it mapped accuratlly !! Ian ???

Confident. It's a complex bit of kit, especially when you run out of stock pressure sensor range, but once you get your head round how it maps off it's own MAP sensor it's a good bit of kit.

The ignition mapping looks really straightforward - one map, boost pressure off the Greddy sensor on the Y axis, RPM on the X axis, + or - values in the grid. Can't get any simpler and with a 16*16 grid to play with it's as accurate as you'll ever need.

The unit itself is becoming proven in the states, especially by Mohd, and I know Pete Betts has been willing to have a go with one, and the hub dyno's are the best tuning platform going barring an engine dyno, so it's all looking good.

It even has a fuel cut defender function, in the same way as far as I can tell that the Pete Betts unit works - clamps the pressure signal to the ECU. So all your nasty piggyback kludges are in one box :D

-Ian

So basically the same as the AEM but with out the gearbox control. and i suppose if it all goes south you can just pull it all off and go stock.But surely you can do that with the AEM and have all these toys to play with

Installs in Minutes

Plug & Play Technology - No Wiring Necessary

Uses all the Factory Sensors

Fuel Table Automapping

Base Maps Included

Programmable Traction Control

Onboard 512kb Datalogger

10 Cyl Sequential Fuel Injection

16 General Purpose Outputs

7 Definable Switch Inputs

Electronic Boost Control

Soft Cut Rev Limiters