• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by dude

Turbos Rest In Pieces :(

Well they finally let go and at a poxy 1.25 bar !!!!!:D , so now ive been 'Ashleyed' !!!

Im gutted cause now ive got to bolt that bloody great single on the car :cool:

Dude:flame Dev

MAY THE BOOST BE WITH YOU

Sad day mate sorry to hear that :(

Must be quite a few ceramics in heaven now.

Dude.........Im surprised they didnt let go on Wednesday when you did your disappearing in a cloud of Tyre smoke act........Funny as Fcuk!......lol

May they RIP and be spun no more.......

:flame Dev

BTW still not decidied...........nothing new there really.......!!!

Originally posted by Syed Shah

Why a thicker HG? You can run plenty of boost on the stock compression, and a thicker HG is the WORST way to lower comp.

I know its not the ideal way to lower comp. but going 2mm instead of 1.6mm will enable me to run the turbo at a higher boost which is where it is most efficient even at 1.1-1.2 bar it really is still running outside of its potential efficiency , im taking the head off cause i want to change my stem oil seals so thought id try the 2mm gasket while i was at it otherwise id prob just chuck the single on as is !!!

Syed on the low boost setting which i hope will be around 1.2-1.3 bar i will run it on Optimax with 10% Toluene , the T will be for safety so basically i will set it up for optimax and add the toluene as a safety measure , my wastegate spring is 1.1 bar so that will have to be the couldnt find any optimax setting , at the track id like to get it up to around 2 bar on hopefully Cool Blue if not there is an Elf turbo fuel but its very expensive , i may try C16 as well , i know it will shorten the life of the O2 sensor but my mate used to run it in his probe and focus one of which or both was the fastest 4 cyl car in the world over the 1/4 and both were turboed .

What are the specs of your turbo/general setup?

From what I've gathered on SF, C16 tends to harm O2 sensors more when used occasionally, than when leaded fuel is run constantly, something to consider. Toluene may be all you need though, if timing is conservative, and 2bar max. You won't really know any of this for sure though until you have it all up and running and can take a look at the knock values etc.

What are the specs of your turbo/general setup?

From what I've gathered on SF, C16 tends to harm O2 sensors more when used occasionally, than when leaded fuel is run constantly, something to consider. Toluene may be all you need though, if timing is conservative, and 2bar max. You won't really know any of this for sure though until you have it all up and running and can take a look at the knock values etc.

Syed , here you go

67 GTQ turbo with Q trim wheel

BL kit with 31/2" DP

HKS wastegate with 1.1 bar spring

HKS 264 cams with crower springs and Ti retainers

BL fuel rail with 850 inj.

Twin Walboro pumps and twin lines

S-AFC

Apexi ITC

BL built Auto box

Hi-Stall converter

Dude :flame Dev

Looks like a well thought out spec, certainly capable of mid 10s in an auto with DRs :devil:

One question though, why not go the AEM route? Certainly better if you really want a street car.

Still a bit of a gearbox issue !!! I have an AEM if i want to put it in but im edging towards the Greddy E manage to control fuel and leave the ITC to look after the timing , the AEM seems to struggle with pulling the timing on shifts and allthough the BL box is supposed to hold up with an AEM im waiting to see !!!:)

Syed , BTW im going to run Bogart 15" rear wheels with slicks and only use DR's where street tyres are mandatory , this is purely a financial decision as the ET slicks are cheap and i like to perform for the crowd with somw big long smokey burnouts right up to the start line !!!!:cool: Also the tall sidewall helps take the shock out of the launch , +++ with some small changes and NOS the car should hit the 9's if it hooks up , i may even enter it in the street car class so as i get to run on a prepped track !!!

If I were you, I would get some opinions for the AEM BBS and from BL. I would have thought it would be fine TBH, you are certainly not going to be running at the limits of the 'box. Also, the payoffs of the AEM make it a worthwhile risk IMHO.

What did Kean @ BL have to say?

I take it you are going to run NA rear brakes? To fit the 15" wheels. This really looks like it is going to be a 1/4 mile beast. First time a Supra built in the UK has been specced with drag racing in mind. With the traction those will provide, I think your right about a 9s timeslip :cool:

If I were you, I would get some opinions for the AEM BBS and from BL. I would have thought it would be fine TBH, you are certainly not going to be running at the limits of the 'box. Also, the payoffs of the AEM make it a worthwhile risk IMHO.

What did Kean @ BL have to say?

Its not just the box issue its the $$$$$$$ issue and the nutz issue if my missus finds the receipts for this lot !!!!;)

The car is first and formost a dailly driver secondly a 10 second (hopefully) car , im having to fit the jspec rears back on to fit the Bogarts but i'll run aggresive pads so i shouldnt lose out on much braking , the plan is to drive to the event , fit slicks and UK rear shocks with weak springs run in the 10's bolt my 18's and arragosta coil overs back on and drive home (quickly) having a pop at a few things round the twisties , im trying to build the whole thing to make it easy to put it in drag mode , ie a quick release hose on the regulator with a switch to drain the tank in seconds , it takes about 15 mins to change the wheels and shocks , and about 1 min to reset the ITC with aggresive timing for the hi octane fuel !!!, also got my patent MIG designed cool air duct !!!!

santa pod 018.jpg